Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Invite DJ to rehearsal dinner? What about readers?

Our DJ will also be doing the music during our ceremony...should I be inviting him to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner? Also, my aunt will be a reader at the wedding....shoud I also plan to invite her to the rehearsal? We are already at capacity for our rehearsal dinner venue without the DJ and my aunt (who has a family of 4 that would all be traveling together), so I'm trying to figure out if we need to book a larger space.

Re: Invite DJ to rehearsal dinner? What about readers?

• Options
    DJ no,unless you need him at the rehearsal for something. Your aunt, who is a reader, yes. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Invite the people who will be involved in your ceremony.  This is the time where you communicate the timing of the event to everyone, coordinate, and even act out the ceremony so everyone is on the same page.  It's not just a social event. 

You can invite your DJ if you are concerned that they would want to talk to the officiant, see your plan in action, etc; but most DJs are seasoned, and don't need the extra assurance.  He/she will probably decline.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    If you are paying your DJ for his services, then you don't have to invite him to the RD.

Anyone who you expect to attend the rehearsal, other than vendors, should be invited to the RD. Your aunt should be invited, along with her significant other.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards