Maryland

*NEWBIE*

Hi Ladies! I just moved to the Forest Hill / Bel Air area in Harford County and am wondering if any of you are near me? Would love to talk about venues and florists cause I don't know anything about this area. Thanks!  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *NEWBIE*

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im familiar with a little bit south of there, I am from Kingsville/White Marsh and my FI is from Joppa
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Any venue perfect for a December wedding and that can hold 500 guests. :(
    It's a catholic/ hindu wedding and as much as we would like for it to be a small party, it's just nearly impossible. Thanks, Ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Bel Air area (lived there all my life).  As far as venues go it really depends on your budget.  For large locations your best bet would be to look into the Baltimore City area.  They have some great venues both formal and not formal (depending on your weddig theme). 
    The Tremont Grand is a gorgeous location for a more formal setting and they have rooms that can be used as ceremony areas just in case you weren't planning on getting married in a church.  
    The Walters Art Museum is very nice but you would need to rent everything because they only offer the space.  
    The Grand Lodge of Maryland in Hunt Valley is a pretty large venue.  When I worked at a florist we did a huge wedding there (I think they had about 300 guests) and it looked beautiful.
    Finally, any of the large hotels in downtown Baltimore would be able to hold a guest list of 500.  The Marriott Waterfront is a lovely hotel and has some great event space.

As far as florists go...I am of course biased because I worked there for over 4 years, but Flowers by Design in Bel Air is a wonderful florist.  She has been in business for over 15 years and has been working as a florist for over 20 years.  They do amazing work and are very truthfull when it comes to prices and what will and won't work.

Good luck with your planning! 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_newbie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:a54bf36f-b010-400e-a2bc-5f90655cf4fbPost:172e7eea-d8a3-428c-9cb7-b332d65f7a4c">Re: *NEWBIE*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from the Bel Air area (lived there all my life).  As far as venues go it really depends on your budget.  For large locations your best bet would be to look into the Baltimore City area.  They have some great venues both formal and not formal (depending on your weddig theme).  The Tremont Grand is a gorgeous location for a more formal setting and they have rooms that can be used as ceremony areas just in case you weren't planning on getting married in a church.   The Walters Art Museum is very nice but you would need to rent everything because they only offer the space.   The Grand Lodge of Maryland in Hunt Valley is a pretty large venue.  When I worked at a florist we did a huge wedding there (I think they had about 300 guests) and it looked beautiful. Finally, any of the large hotels in downtown Baltimore would be able to hold a guest list of 500.  The Marriott Waterfront is a lovely hotel and has some great event space. As far as florists go...<strong>I am of course biased because I worked there for over 4 years, but Flowers by Design in Bel Air is a wonderful florist. </strong> She has been in business for over 15 years and has been working as a florist for over 20 years.  They do amazing work and are very truthfull when it comes to prices and what will and won't work. Good luck with your planning! 
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

<div>Is that the one off of Business 1? Near Bel Air Bakery kind of? And thank you so much for the list of venues!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Kind of...it is located between Dark Horse and NY Deli on Main Street

• Hello, check out Sweet Sensations LLC. Other than a venue, we can help you with almost everything else. Catering, cakes, decor, linens,other rentals, coordination, lighting, centerpieces, fresh flowers, chiavari chairs, you name it, we have it. The best part, is that we are more affordable than other companies!!! Though on our site, we set amazing flat rate prices, we will also do our best to accommodate any budget!!! Call us today!!!!

selinaharris61@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards