Christian Weddings
Options

(PIP) It's Weird...

...that my parents and I just got home from setting up our apartment in Kansas.  In 18 days, I'm going to live with a boy that I'm not related to...with my husband...woah.

If you haven't seen them on facebook:

Living Room

Kitchen (mom bought the Hoosier cabinet for $25 when she was pregnant with me and we modified it to make it work for us)

Dining Room (my great-grandfather made the curio cabinet for me when I was little and the table & chairs were my great-great-aunt's)

Bedroom (quilt was a handmade shower gift)

Re: (PIP) It's Weird...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cool, Emily! And exciting! It's awesome that you have so many family members willing to give you things you can use in your new place! That is really wonderful! 
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yaya how exciting!  Your place looks great!  Don't worry it, everything will work out great :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that you actually know it's called a Hoosier cabinet :-)  I grew up not only as a Hoosier, but as a child of major antique collectors.  

The apartment looks great!  I haven't even started moving my stuff to FI's house....the thought it just too overhwhelming right now, so major props to you to getting it done now!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:d733a686-9743-4e38-bc8d-7a5ac6eb7183">(PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]...that my parents and I just got home from setting up our apartment in Kansas.  In 18 days, <strong>I'm going to live with a boy that I'm not related to...with my husband...woah</strong>.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad to hear someone else express this sentiment.  Can't really be discussed on other boards as many others (won't say most because I've not been keeping a tally or anything) are either living together, spending nights at the other's place or have been having sex without living together.<div>While I have been married before and obviously shared a bed with my ex-H, I've been divorced almost 8 years and haven't lived with, spent nights with or shared a bed with any man since my exH.  </div><div>My point is, it's a little unnerving to know that at some point I'm supposed to actually sleep with another human in my bed.  I'm supposed to share a living space with another adult.  It's just a little "whoa" like you said!</div>
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the Hoosier looks great!  My SIL's mom has a Hoosier cabinet from her mother and it's one of the most treasured pieces of furniture they own.  

I know what you mean about living with another human being ... I also haven't lived with anyone in my bed, so it does feel a bit weird knowing I'll have another person there in another 52 or so days!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!

I remember that "whoa!" feeling you guys are discussing.  I also remember how on our wedding night H climbed into the shower while I was in there and I said, "you can't be in here!" Embarassed  He reminded me that it was now ok for him to be in the shower with me.

You'll adjust very quickly.  Now I have a hard time sleeping when H isn't in bed with me.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you! Everything looks nice and home-y!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a nice apartment!  It looks spacious.  :D

I am getting pretty excited about getting that woah feeling myself!  I move into our apartment on August 7, and I get a little over 3 months to get used to living alone, then I get used to living with FI!  Holy crap!  Lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Your apartment is just wonderful! Congrats!

And don't worry, ladies - it's weird at first but you'll get used to living with a "boy." :) It always makes me think of that "Friends" episode where Monica is crying because she "HAS TO LIVE WITH A BOOOOOOOY!"
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:79375696-4de1-4d73-bc2f-5c4574729d84">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It always makes me think of that "Friends" episode where Monica is crying because she "HAS TO LIVE WITH A BOOOOOOOY!"
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]

HAH!!!  FSIL and I have been quoting that (and so many other episodes) for months, now. :)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:4ae07d46-7bb3-4626-97d6-298f50756156">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll adjust very quickly.  Now I have a hard time sleeping when H isn't in bed with me.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Someone told me that and I didn't believe them. Hah. Maybe they (and you, of course) are right...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:4ae07d46-7bb3-4626-97d6-298f50756156">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks great! I remember that "whoa!" feeling you guys are discussing.  I also remember how on our wedding night<strong> H climbed into the shower while I was in there and I said, "you can't be in here!" </strong>   He reminded me that it was now ok for him to be in the shower with me. You'll adjust very quickly.  Now I have a hard time sleeping when H isn't in bed with me.

This made me laugh. Sounds like something I would say.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and emily your apartment looks so nice!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:4ae07d46-7bb3-4626-97d6-298f50756156">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks great! I remember that "whoa!" feeling you guys are discussing. <strong> I also remember how on our wedding night H climbed into the shower while I was in there and I said, "you can't be in here!"    He reminded me that it was now ok for him to be in the shower with me.</strong> You'll adjust very quickly.  Now I have a hard time sleeping when H isn't in bed with me.

I laughed at this. :) It is such a cute thing to say.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So funny about that episode with Monica, that is totally what I thought of too!! Emily your apartment is just darling I am so happy for you! How exciting!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    where in Kansas? I just got back from Emporia KS, looking at apartments. I'll be moving there in a few weeks. 
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:23bf6ee2-4c8c-49e5-bb68-cae639bbf3e1">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]where in Kansas? I just got back from Emporia KS, looking at apartments. I'll be moving there in a few weeks. 
    Posted by kalizoomba[/QUOTE]
    We'll be in Marysville (well...FI is already there), about 1 hour north of Manhattan.  Google said Emporia is an hour and a half south of Manhattan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, that's pretty close to the top of Kansas! your pictures are cute. I can't wait to get my apartment all set up. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks great!   Homey yet spacious!!!!

Agh!  We have 9 daaaaaaaaayyyyysssssss!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pip-its-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6ee26b03-9508-4b72-bfa5-e2a45035e8d7Post:4f93e63b-5512-4959-a1af-5d77d2352b52">Re: (PIP) It's Weird...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks great!   Homey yet spacious!!!! <strong>Agh!  We have 9 daaaaaaaaayyyyysssssss!</strong>
    Posted by adrinkard[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>How exciting!!! 

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh emily the apartment looks great!!!! (: 

i have been thinking about the whole "living with a boy" thing. i have been telling my FMIL and my FI how strange it will be because "i've never lived with a boy before". hehee. but i CANT WAIT!!! (: (: (: 

CONGRATULATIONS EMILY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards