Second Weddings

Father wants to walk me down the aisle again?

This is my second marriage and my Father gave me away at the first one. Since he's already done this I had just planned on walking myself down the aisle but he has now express interest in doing it again. With that being said, if my Father is going to be a part of it, I want my Step Father to be a part of it as well (especially since he and my Mother are doing a majority of the help in planning the wedding). For anyone with Fathers/ Step-Fathers, how are you involving both of them?

FYI~ this is a casual outdoor ranch wedding...

Re: Father wants to walk me down the aisle again?

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can both of them walk you down the aisle?  If not, and both of them are important to you but there would be a conflict, I would opt for walking alone.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of my Step-Father walking me out of the house to the Aisle, then my Father taking me the rest of the way. I didn't know if that was corny or not.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it's wonderful that your Dad wants to walk you down the aisle, but having said that it sounds like you want to also honor your Step-Dad so perhaps instead of them both walking you down, have them participate by doing a reading. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_father-wants-walk-down-aisle-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:ff0f84a4-3616-4888-9887-d6aa5c4732dcPost:64306748-4352-4a77-86a6-520106d5ecee">Re: Father wants to walk me down the aisle again?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking of my Step-Father walking me out of the house to the Aisle, then my Father taking me the rest of the way. I didn't know if that was corny or not.
    Posted by teejayw[/QUOTE]

<font color="#008080">That doesn't sound corny... that sounds very special & unique.
    Its so nice that you have these 2 men who love you like a daughter, I think your guests will just be touched by that ~ however you chose to involve them.</font>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great advice and ideas ladies! I appreciate it!
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am seriously considering having my Mom walk me down the isle this time.
  • edited December 2011
    That's an even BETTER idea! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I am not having either walk me down the aisle but I think I would do the half and half thing. Me I would have my father walk me first and my step walk me the rest of the way but that is because my father started off in my life and my step was the one that really raised me !
  • edited December 2011
    My son is going to walk me down. I've been out of my father's house for over 15 years now and feel that it is now my son's (and my daughter's) to give me in marriage, so to speak. My son is very excited about this. You didn't mention any kids but if you have any that might be an option.
  • edited December 2011
    No kids yet but I think I'm going to have my Dad and Step Mom walk me from the house to the aisle and then have my Mom and Step Dad walk me the rest of the way. That was everyone is involved and happy!

Thanks again everyone!
  • SueR13SueR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the "pass off" as well.

I'm having my son walked me down the aisle this time, too. I figure it's more his palce to "give me away" than my dad who gave me away nearly 30 years ago!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 112 Invited image 80 Joining the fun
    image 30 Missing out image 2 are total flakes
    RSVP Date 07/20/10
  • edited December 2011

I am having my son walk me down the aisle too, my step-dad is fine with it my dad is pissed. But I think it is important that I include my son in the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards