New Jersey - South
Options

what do djs run these days?? thanks.

looking for an avg for what djs are chargng in philly/SJ area for 5 hours???
thanks.

Re: what do djs run these days?? thanks.

• Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It ranges a lot. You can find some DJs that will do it for $450 and it can go up to $2,000 or a lot lot more depending on what you want with your packages. You really just gotta call around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're looking at around $800. I thought that was a bit pricey, but I had to remember he's a mixer for a popular Philly station, so I think it will be worth it.

Others that I looked into wanted anywhere from $400-$600.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Think we are spending about $950.  That was for a Friday.  For Saturday they were like $1100.  We went with DiNardo Bros cause we know they are good, and DJ wasn't something we wanted to roll the dice on.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As others said, they prices can vary alot.  I am paying $850.   When I called around though, most seemed to range from $800-$1000.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ..One more thought...I have also learned that the DJ's that work for larger companies are going to run you more. If you're looking to keep the price down, you can try to look into I guess what they call 'private DJ's' or ones that work for themselves, not a larger company.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nickyslovenickyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for the advice!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked our DJ yesterday and we are paying $3100.. the package was $2400 but we got some discounts and we added uplighting, a monogram on the dance floor and a light show.. this quote is from Versatile Entertainment in Toms River... great DJ's
  • Options
    rgammutorgammuto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid $850 for Sound Affairs in marlton and they were worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $750 for 6 hours on a Sunday in August. We went with Sean from Center Stage Entertainment.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Terry @ DJ's Available. $650 for a 5 hour reception. He did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards