Michigan-Lansing
Options

Looking for Barn Wedding Venue with all wood interior in Mid-michigan, Please Help!

I am looking for a rustic barn within an hour and a half from Bay City, Michigan. I would like it to have all wood interior and be able to hold between 200-300 people. I would like my theme to be elegant country. I know it's a tall order, but I am really determined to find a venue like that, close to home.
Thanks!

Re: Looking for Barn Wedding Venue with all wood interior in Mid-michigan, Please Help!

• Options
    I had a friend that was married at Wolcott Orchards, just north of Flint.  They had their reception in the barn and their ceremony in a tent outside on the orchard grounds.  I think the barn can accomodate around 250 people.  Here's their website: http://www.wolcottorchards.net
  • Options
    I have a very similar request so I will be interested to see what people post! I am recently engaged and have been hunting for venues for about a month now. Our plan is to get married next year but at this point, every place I've called is completely booked until November 2013. So crazy to me!

If anyone knows of a cool, rustic location in the mid-Michigan area, please post!!!!!
  • Options
    The only two venues I've found so far that are less than two hours away from Bay City are the Octagon Barn in Gagetown www.thumboctagonbarn.org and The Milestone barn in chesaning www.rusticbarnwedding.com. Check these out :)

• Options
    For those looking for a barn venue that are flexible on location (however most don't fit the 200-300 people that samanthaandtyler requested) there's the Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing, Tollgate Barn at the MSU Extension in Novi, Greenmead Village in Livonia, Misty Farms or Cobblestone in Ann Arbor, Lazy J Ranch in Milford...

This thread on the Detroit board has more ideas  - http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_hit-a-vendor-wall-need-help
  • Options
    I know Ann Arbor is pretty far, but you could check out Cobblestone Farm, which is in Ann Arbor close to US 23. I've had friends that have had their reception there & I am not sure if they are booking up for when you are looking for or not. Seen some really great wedding pictures done there as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not sure how this would work out but we had actualy put a non refundable deposit down on the barn at the Country Mill in Charlotte, MI for Nov 2nd 2013 and have decided to move up our date and do a much smaller wedding and reception than originally planned, Maybe this location and date would work for the op or jenga44. I have emails with pictures and additional information. If either of you are interested in working something out pm me. Maybe we can help each other out! Smile
  • Options
    Check out Peacock Road Tree Farm. They specialize in country wedding elegance. Its in Laingsburg. 

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Hi, I was wondering if you had the ability to hold a barn, rustic? Were talking about October, but worried about the timeframe and weather conditions, also considering spring. Were on a very tight budget as were working on buying a house as well, so were looking for something unique. If you could email me back when you can, I'd really appreciate it! My email is myninjaeyesgmail.com. Thanks! Renee
  • Options
    I know this is an old post but I'm replying to it because I am looking to also have this country chic theme and feel like a barn/vineyard would be beautiful. We will also have somewhere between 200-300 guests. I am newly engaged, this past Saturday so we are just beginning our search but are looking to hold a 2014 wedding. If you have a facility please let me know!
  • Options
    To the vendors that posted.  I have deleted your comments since vendors are not allowed to post on these boards.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would also be interested in the venue in Bay City! Please message me. Thank You.
  • Options

Definitely recommend The Milestone Barn in Bannister, Michigan. You can have your wedding AND reception there. Holds about 250. Reasonable pricing. Freedom to use whichever vendors you would like. Rustic exterior and BREATHTAKING interior. My wedding is there next weekend. I will try to remember to come back and post photos. You can find them on Facebook or their website www.rusticbarnwedding.com

P.S. I am NOT a vendor just a very happy customer!

marla peggy
  • Options
    I also looking for a barn rustic style wedding in the Ann Arbor area. I found a place in Melvin, MI called Good Tymes Barn. It still might be farther than you are looking, but I thought maybe it would help!

• Options
    Hey, Marlapeggy5, I have a question for you! What did you do about finding hotels for your guests in the Bannister, MI area? That is the one concern I have about having my wedding in that area. I'm not from around there but it looked like most of it was farm country. I saw a couple of motels but I'd like nice hotels for my guests.
  • Options
    Check out www.cherrybarcfarm.com  They can accommodate 130 guests in the barn for a reception, but like someone else said you can have the ceremony in the barn and then have the reception in the field under a tent.  A very nice place and reasonably priced.  Worth checking it out.  
  • Options

Because of the direction that I know the majority of my guests would be coming from, I used hotels in Birch Run and Grand Blanc. Guests could choose which one based on the direction  in which they would be going back home.

It was still a little jog but wayyy closer than driving all the way home.

marla peggy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards