Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

It's 7:40 local time and my butt has been up since 5:15.  Anyone want to teach me how to sleep in on vacation?  Because yeah, I think it's in the rulebook that I'm supposed to be as lazy as possible  ;)

My feet are screaming at me today.  The ascent yesterday wasn't too bad except for an asthma situation that threatened me a few times, but the descent (although way quicker) had my body going too fast from the angle and I nearly face planted 5 times from rocks sliding out from under my feet, and just in general not paying enough attention because I was tired.  No sprained ankle though, so I must not have done too badly.  It was pretty cool that from the top I could see SD, WY, MT, NE, and ND all at the same time.  If you ever get a chance, Harney Peak is a nice climb.  Also, if you are 5'3 or shorter don't believe people when they tell you it's an "easy hike".  Thousands of stone "steps" and most were higher than my knee.  It was a climb instead of a hike for me.  Pulling my butt up all of those was not an afternoon stroll.  ;)

We're going to Deadwood today, at least for lunch and a museum and then winging it the rest of the day.

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    MOrning Anna.

I wanted to take Gia for a walk today but I woke up to rain.  I may still go anyways if it slows down.  I lost my sunglasses though and im aggravated about it.  But I did get a good year or so out of them and that is sort of a record for me.

I also need to find a way to lenghten the life of the veggies I get from my garden.  They all seem to fruit at the same time and now things are rotting.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I freeze a lot of my veggies.  Peel the tomatoes into bags and freeze them or I cube things like zucchini and squash before throwing them in a freezer bag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-274?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c31e8b98-e2b3-4db7-b3a1-4862ad3d0438Post:eaf6afde-0743-4dd5-a109-61a590b4541e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I freeze a lot of my veggies.  Peel the tomatoes into bags and freeze them or I cube things like zucchini and squash before throwing them in a freezer bag.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

That's what I've started doing with my fruit. It just goes bad too fast otherwise.

Morning! I guess my body *finally* is getting used to a schedule. I've woken up at 6:45 (my time) every day this week - no alarm needed. Maybe I'll actually be productive today with an early Saturday start. ;)
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

And Anna! Glad you had a great hike, we havent been in so long. I'm not sure if I could do it right now. As far as sleeping in, I did the same thing on our vacation, eyes open at 6:00 every day for no reason.

Today is running around, H needs new running shoes, and we are going to the mattress store to check out the new Serta iCool mattress. I have to clean and get the room ready for my son, he's coming up tomorrow for a visit,so I took Monday off to spend with him.

I think we are may take him for a walk today, it's been awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning! Glad you're having fun on vacation, anna.

Blue, my H loses his sunglasses once a week. You wouldn't believe how many pairs he's  gone through.

I'm finishing up prepping for class today then we are going to the cabin for the night. It's supposed to start raining early today so we might  get  to so even sooner  than planned.
  • Options
    Anna - I have vacation envy.  As for getting up early, I tend to do that on vacation as well.  It's mostly from sleeping in an unfamiliar bed, but I also like to spend quiet time alone with a cup of coffee.

KD - have fun during your son's visit!

H and his son are going to see the Batman movie later this afternoon.  Don't know what I'll end up doing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-274?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c31e8b98-e2b3-4db7-b3a1-4862ad3d0438Post:042a8692-adff-4a8e-9a59-a7a733622212">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna - I have vacation envy.  As for getting up early, I tend to do that on vacation as well.  It's mostly from sleeping in an unfamiliar bed, but I also like to spend quiet time alone with a cup of coffee. KD - have fun during your son's visit! <strong>H and his son are going to see the Batman movie later this afternoon.  Don't know what I'll end up doing</strong>.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Marrin- this sounds like spa time to me!

Son will be spending my money I'm sure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-274?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c31e8b98-e2b3-4db7-b3a1-4862ad3d0438Post:bf64f008-c724-4cd2-adb1-84a794f0dbcf">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Marrin- this sounds like spa time to me! <strong>Son will be spending my money I'm sure.
    </strong>Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Oh I hear that KD!

I DO need the eyebrows and stash done, so thanks.

ETA:  just because I love to hear baby's laugh

<a href="http://screen.yahoo.com/cat-snack-makes-baby-laugh-30288555.html" rel="nofollow">http://screen.yahoo.com/cat-snack-makes-baby-laugh-30288555.html</a>
  • Options
    Morning!

We're having a good day today. H's sugars are in the 190 range so he is only 75 points from being "manageable" instead of "critical" :) 
  • Options
    Morning - or afternoon depending on where you are.  I'm trying to motivate myself over to the apartment gym to use the treadmill.  I put my running skirt on... Step 1 :).  
    H took the dog for a hike this morning.  I'm not sure how long they'll be out.  It was going to be about 8 miles, and they left at like 6 AM.  I took advantge of the quiet to sleep in until 9.  I hadn't slept well the last 2 nights, so I guess I needed it.
    We saw the new Bourne movie last night.  It was okay, a little long though.  And it was REALLY hot in the theater which made it seem longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards