Oklahoma

Favor Candy or ideas please

I hand stamped over 100 little white bags and folded top over and hole punched either side for ribbon.
We are just coming back from destination wedding in Cancun and reception is at winery (in case this helps with ideas)

What do we fill bags with?
FI likes the idea of doing about 3 or 4 different favor bags and having me write with a metallic pen on back of bag what is inside. He likes chocolate covered coffee beans, choc covered toffee, flower bulbs, or mexican candy.

What do you guys think? Not that we are against kisses or m&ms, but just wanting something really unique.
TYIA!!
When you know, you just know! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor Candy or ideas please

• cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some sweet, some salty?
  • edited December 2011
    Hum, did you collect sea sells? You could do tiny sea shells if you have enough.
    I like chocolate covered anything pretty much and flower bulbs is a great idea!
    Other ideas:
    have someone make Mexican wedding cookiesand put 2 or 3 in each bag
    candied pecans or honeyroasted peanuts - they're easy to make yourself
    M&Ms with your initials
    I had the idea to do Mexican maracas, but I don't know where to get them
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have not gone to honeymoon/wedding yet. We will have three days from return of trip until reception so I have the next couple of weeks to tie all my loose ends up. Posted this on another board and they had ideas of cookies, brownies, snack mix, peanut brittle, etc. Think I can just put it all in one bag?
  • edited December 2011
    Hello to my fellow DW bride!  A couple of thoughts...

If you do decide on different types of candy, head over to NW 42nd and Western and check out 42nd Street Candy Co.  They have a huge selection, some really cute things, some unique treats, and they're just all around very sweet people to work with.  I would also bet, if you took them bags, they would pre-fill them for you so you could just pick it all up when you get back from Mexico.

If you want to do something cookie-ish, we ordered some cute sand dollar cookies to take to Mexico with us as favors for the people who come actually come to the wedding.  It might be cute to do that and carry over the beach theme to your AHR.  If you're interested, you can find them online at http://luluscookies.com/.  We also ordered these individual packets of margarita mix...also kind of a fun carry-over of the tropical theme.  (Margarita Mix Link) <~~Click it.

Good luck with everything...sad we will just miss you by a few days in Mexico!  :)
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help and tips saundra! I would've loved getting to be a beach bum with yha! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards