New Jersey

Flowers Cost

Hello!

I'm getting married in northern NJ in July and while our venue provides the flowers for our tables and cake, we are responsible for the bouquets and bouts.  I asked the in-house florist the venue uses and she told me my bouquet would be $185 and up, each bridesmaid bouquet would be $65 and up, and $10 for the bouts.  Is this about right for NJ prices? I honestly am clueless when it comes to flowers.  It would be easy if we could just use her since she's doing the centerpieces but I also don't want to be grossly over-paying.  Thanks for any advice!

Re: Flowers Cost

• Hi!  Yes - that's about exactly what mine was.  The BMs started at $55 and up but the $55 bouquet was really small.  We chose the $65 size.  Same starting price for my bouquet and bouts.  HTH! 

Also.... I got married at a different venue and we used the in-house florist.  It was the best decision.  The service and quality were outstanding, and, because she knew the venue, she did little "extras" that we didn't ask or pay for (ie. flowers and candles for a mantle in our reception room, etc.)  Plus, she matched all of the venue flowers in open locations to our wedding.  The point is, I don't think you will be disappointed by using the house florist.  GL! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_flowers-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f05b2229-56f1-41a0-8eff-26bcb9e9ecdbPost:ca621d03-ab6d-484f-be64-035c9fe66bb2">Re: Flowers Cost</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  Yes - that's about exactly what mine was.  The BMs started at $55 and up but the $55 bouquet was really small.  We chose the $65 size.  Same starting price for my bouquet and bouts.  HTH!  Also.... I got married at a different venue and we used the in-house florist.  It was the best decision.  The service and quality were outstanding, and, because she knew the venue, she did little "extras" that we didn't ask or pay for (ie. flowers and candles for a mantle in our reception room, etc.)  Plus, she matched all of the venue flowers in open locations to our wedding.  The point is, I don't think you will be disappointed by using the house florist.  GL! 
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! That is a big relief; this is really the only area I honestly didn't know what was reasonable or not as far as pricing.  I'm glad you had such a great experience using your venue's in-house florist because I would like to do the same so I don't have to run around looking for a florist, and like you said they will probably do a nice job since they work at the venue.  Thanks again!
  • I think you're in the range of normal prices. My bouquet was $150. It was a nice size, but definitely not really big. The bridesmaids were $75 for what i think is normal size bouquet, and the guys were $7-8 for a standard boutonniere. You can see the photos in my bio for reference. If it saves you the hassle of finding a new florist and you like the one the venue provides, I think i'd just stick with her. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DItto PP. Those prices are normal. I paid $70 for the BMs and $150 for mine. Bouts were $8 I think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They are ballpark to what my florist is charging as well. My bouquet might be starting at a bit less ($155+), but the bridesmaids are about $75. Bouts are $4 (single rose)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Thanks everyone! This is very helpful!
  • Thanks for posting this!  I'm getting married in July too but haven't gotten a chance to do the florist thing yet.  I really don't want to spend much on flowers so I was wondering what to expect especially since NJ is not exactly the place to assume pricing is similar to the average prices you see online.  Thanks ladies for your input.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, especially for the advice about keeping down the flower budget.  Flowers are low on my list of priorities, so as long as they're pretty I really don't have many requirements on what it needs to be. 
  • Talk to Vanessa at the Metropolitano Flower and Plant Exchange. I just did my sample appointment with her and loved what she showed me. I gave her a budget and she stayed within it. She was honest with me about what I could and couldn't get for that time of year and gave me suggestions on what seemed closest to the flowers I wanted. I had a concern that the bouquets would be small, but judging by what she showed me, I was incredibly happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards