Christian Weddings

Meet the Parents !

Our parents finally met after 2 years .... We live about 35 min from each other and now with us finally being engaged we did it !  We met at a resturant so that neither mom would be worried/anxious about cleaning and preparing a meal etc... Our mothers are very similar in this way so a resturant was totally neutral !

It went really well ! My FI was a lil worried that they wouldnt find common ground but I kinda got to prove him wrong ... it's that lil things right ? They were just fine and both asked me if they passed from the other it was so cute !!

Yay ! -- and we are now waiting for my Dad to give the OK for paying half with my grandma for the venue in my town ... Oye the waiting is killing me !!! Thats my update ...

And we went out to eat for St. Pattys but did not partake in alcohol... It's really big up here in his area and its just pure mayhem... I just like to kinda laught at it... Had a good sandwhich and no beer and felt great... Ran into his Aunt and Uncle they were having a great time... lol That was amusing
Love is All You Need

Re: Meet the Parents !

• That's so great that your parents hit it off! My parents met FI's parents very early on in our relationship, but I still remember how nervous I was! It's such a great feeling when everything goes well. A good relationship between your family and your future in-laws makes wedding prep SO much less stressful! I'm so glad that things went well for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad it went well!  I was so nervous when the parents met for the first time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad to hear!  I was super nervous about mine meeting... my husband's parents speak shaky English, as they're Brazilian.  But my dad is really good communicating with foreigners (as my mom's parents couldn't speak much English either), so it helped put things at ease.  My mom, who's ill and can't travel much, didn't meet DH's parents until the wedding! 
  • Glad it went well! I bet you feel at ease now.     :) 

St. Patrick's Day is big around here too, but we don't celebrate it. We aren't Irish and don't drink so... We went to church last night instead. The most I did for the holiday was read St. Patrick's Day stories to my students last week and put shamrock window clings on my classroom door window haha. 
  • Yeah I'm Irish and I declined on drinking as well...

Today we started our registry at kohls.... i will type about that later it was interesting and fun ;p
    Love is All You Need
  • I'm glad it went well. :) Our parents may not meet for a very long time, there is no plans in the immediate future because of the 8,000 miles difference. I do hope they'll talk on the phone soon though.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • glad to hear the meeting went so well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards