Pre-wedding Parties

Have no idea if i'm wrong..

My aunt and my Best friend MOH want to throw me a shower and i am very happy and thankful for this! I wanted to have these little cake balls at my shower and they are some what expensive, i wanted to pay for them and just give them to my Aunt and MOH the day before so they can do what they want with them since i really dont want to step on their toes. My mom keeps telling me i'm wrong and should give them the invoice for the cake balls and have them pay for it. Thats not something i see as okay. Its something extra that i wanted so i feel like i should pay for them? Am i wrong? 

I know my wedding is a while away but we are planning early since i will not have time once tax season takes over my life all winter. 

Re: Have no idea if i'm wrong..

• edited December 2011
    I think you should just let them plan whatever shower they want to host and can afford. Don't suggest anything to them, especially something that is going to cost extra. They might assume that you think they aren't doing a good enough job or spending enough money if you offer to pay for an extra like this. Just stay out of the planning completely unless they specifically ask for your input on something. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.Just forget the cake balls and use them for something else, like maybe your next birthday party.
  • edited December 2011
    The bride shouldn't be involved with shower planning. Let the hosts plan whatever they want for you. It is definitely wrong to order the cake balls, or anything else, and then bill the host for it.

You could order the cake balls for something that you are hosting, such as the rehearsal dinner, bm luncheon or after the wedding party. Or use them for wedding favors at your reception.

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_idea-im-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f4d8116b-d1ff-46e9-bfb5-1ef0ba1e2065Post:76eeff36-457d-4c35-89f7-fc2c9959108f">Have no idea if i'm wrong..</a>:
    [QUOTE]My aunt and my Best friend MOH want to throw me a shower and i am very happy and thankful for this! I wanted to have these little cake balls at my shower and they are some what expensive, i wanted to pay for them and just give them to my Aunt and MOH the day before so they can do what they want with them since i really dont want to step on their toes. <div><strong>If you want them, just bring them to the shower, but don't mention it to your aunt and MOH. they will think they didn't do a good enough job for you.</strong>
    <div>
    </div><div>My mom keeps telling me i'm wrong and should give them the invoice for the cake balls and have them pay for it.</div><div><strong>Absolutely NOT!</strong></div><div>
    </div><div> Thats not something i see as okay. Its something extra that i wanted so i feel like i should pay for them? Am i wrong?</div><div><strong>You want them, you pay for it</strong></div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div>  I know my wedding is a while away but we are planning early since i will not have time once tax season takes over my life all winter. 
    Posted by Shayyy01[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't order them at all - just let them plan it for you. If they know that is something you're interested in, who knows, they may end up getting them for you as part of the shower. My shower is a complete surprise. All I know is the date and time, nothing more. Let it be a surprise and let them plan it or it may look/feel like they aren't doing it well enough. 
    image A sadly neglected Bio
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't plan this, but something that happened for me... MOH is with me when I see a RANCH FOUNTAIN. Just like a chocolate fountain but with Ranch. Insta-obsession. FI refuses to have it at wedding. I lament to MOH about how much I love ranch fountain and wish it could be at wedding, but it's not going to happen.

Guess what showed up at my bridal shower. =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards