South Asian Weddings

Hi! I'm new!

Hi everyone :)

Just thought I would introduce myself to the SA board, can't wait to meet everybody! 

I'm planning a crazy outdoor semi-traditional wedding with way too many guests and not enough space (haha). We are thinking more of a Mediterranean theme with the orange, red, and purple type thing. Anyone else trying a different twist on the usual? 

My fave idea of today: lassi in cocktail glasses for our non-alcoholic reception? What do you guys think? 

And also, where do I get my sari? And my invites??! HELP! I'm so worried to try the online thing - anyone use a site that was reputable?? 

Re: Hi! I'm new!

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the boards!

For an outdoor wedding, wouldn't it be cool if these purple or orange or red lanterns were hanging around? (Link)

This site, while in California, has an awesome gallery of pictures to get ideas - on the left side of the page of this link, click on Moroccan Style Draping... They use a lot of pillows with colorful pillow cases. (Link)

Here's a link to a blog article with a lot of pictures with a purple theme - (Link)

There have been quite a few weddings I went to that had the Mango Lassi as the signature drink... You can dress them up with umbrellas of your color theme as shown above.  They can be in shot glasses, or martini glasses for an extra flair!  You can add a mint garnish too :)

Similar to Bells Picture post, I saw a great idea for a wedding cake - a stack of sugar sweet pillows!

Here's the link where this picture was taken from, it was a featured wedding on the knot! (Link)

As for the sari buying - like Bells was asking, where are you located?  It's better if  you can see the saris first hand, to understand the quality for the price that they are asking.  For online sites it's very important to take down the right measurements, but also, you don't want to get your wedding sari too early because you'll need alterations closer to your wedding date.

By the way, when is your wedding?  Where will it be? 

Hope that helps!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Hiiiiiii!
    Congrats and Welcome to the boards!

the girls are aaaaammmmaaazzzinnnggg!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards