Texas-Houston
Options

Ideas for Throwing Rose Petals??

We are having an outdoor wedding with the reception immediately following (at the same venue).  We want to have the guests throw rose petals on us as we enter the cocktail recpeption...any ideas for how to actually do this? So far we were thinking of just putting a big basket at the end of the aisle and having guests grab a handful as they get up from their chairs - but seems like it could be a bit chaotic. 

Re: Ideas for Throwing Rose Petals??

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could have petals in "petal cones" given to them before you walk in.

Question: Most people have the petals thrown at the end of ceremony or at the exit of their reception. Is there a specific reason why you want them thrown when you walk into the reception?

Just curious... :-)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have the DJ make an announcement and create a reverse receiving line where the guests are lined up inside the ballroom with rose petals in hand and then you guys could walk in.
  • Options
    Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with the cones as well. I am making some for one of my bffs that is getting married on May 8th. She is a singer and works for the music dept at a university so she took sheet music and printed it on the colors of her wedding. I am using scolloped scissors for the edges of the paper and then folding them into cones.

Wish I had a picture to show you guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions ladies! The cones sound great, although I was hoping to avoid another project - so I may just buy some nice baskets and put the petals in there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards