Louisiana-New Orleans

St. Louis Hotel Brides-decorations?

Any St. Louis Hotel brides out there that would weigh in on decorations at the hotel?  I think the courtyard is so pretty I am not certain it needs much.  I have seen some way over the top beautiful pictures but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for a limited budget?  I think the hotel will provide a mirrored tray and candle on each table, with linens, etc.  I was wondering about decor for the food tables or around the fountain.  Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: St. Louis Hotel Brides-decorations?

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Luminous Events has some pretty photos of the fountain with votives placed all around it.  That's probably something you could DIY.
  • edearedear member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, bezlu! I actually had a bunch of candle holders and then returned them as I am getting married during the day and figured candlelight was not a good idea.  May have to rethink that.
  • edited December 2011
    Getting married there in January. Pm me your email and I'll send you the links when I get home!
  • edited December 2011
    These should help you:www.frenchquartercourtyardweddings.shutterfly.comhttp://www.neworleanshotelcollection.com/ebrochure
    Also, Hollybee92 was married there.. she posted this link to her photog's fb album of her wedding... they were fantastic!http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496066070291.269792.32760485291
    I'm using Erin Steen to decorate the court yard with us.  She's doing tall centerpieces with feathers and flowers.  She's decorating the area in which we will get married with a drape and greenery.  She will be putting a large arrangement in the fountain and candles around.  We're paying around 3000$ for all of this.  I was anti DIY anything, though.  I didn't want to make/build/setup decorate a single thing.
  • edearedear member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input and the links, MrsOMFS - much appreciated and very helpful. I talked with Rachel for a while yesterday and she had some great suggestions.  The florist I met with put me at ease, too and I liked her ideas as well.  I think I am set.  One more thing off the list! Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_st-louis-hotel-brides-decorations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:32b9e678-693d-4561-9d18-66fd0f099c34Post:080092b3-dc5c-483e-b7c1-7505dfb9cf6a">Re: St. Louis Hotel Brides-decorations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the input and the links, MrsOMFS - much appreciated and very helpful. I talked with Rachel for a while yesterday and she had some great suggestions.  The florist I met with put me at ease, too and I liked her ideas as well.  I think I am set.  One more thing off the list! Yay!
    Posted by edear[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>awesome!.. what florist are you using?</div><div>
    </div><div>Rachel is super nice and helpful!</div><div>
    </div><div>The only thing that I was unhappy about was the fact that I tried to book a suite for the girls to get ready and for me to sleep in for the weekend and due to hotel remodel, the suites are not available :( so we booked at the sonesta instead.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the St. Louis Hotel and we are having a swag at the archway leading into one of the rooms with flowers hanging from it. Candles, flower petals, and 1" paper hearts (small from old Spanish Dictonaries - found on etsy -- my fiance is from Spain) scattered on the tables and on the fountain ledges.  Small flower centerpieces on alternating tables ...  I hope it comes out looking just perfect ... i guess I'll see on Oct. 1!

We're using Fat Cat for flowers and New Orleans events for the swag curtain, chair covers, table cloths and candles.

Good Luck!
  • edearedear member
    edited December 2011
    I'm interested to see the rooms - I hope all the remodeling is done by our wedding (it should be if they stay on their construction schedule)

Re: Florist - Meade Wenzel.  I am very happy with her and she has a very good reputation.
  • AEMACK11AEMACK11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you booked your event at the Saint Louis Hotel yet? I just attended a wedding there on Sat 9/24/11. I felt so bad for the bride, groom, family, and friends. The Bride is originally from La but lives in Pa now with her now husband. The experience and treatment the guests, the family, and myself received from some of the staff was just disturbing. The wedding coordinator (Rachel O.) and GM (Bill) actions was just appalling. I know emails have been sent to the higher ups to make them aware how their establishment is being ran. If it wasn't for the food and beverage manager (Will- Wilfredo) my friend's wedding would have never been what it was. Unfortunately many of the guests had to experience their first time in New Orleans with a negative hotel experience and the GM was not accommodating and very insulting and rude to people. Oh and the wedding coordinator (Rachel) was seen on Bourbon Street at 4am (the day of the wedding) and showed up late to work, hungover, and dressed like a wrinkle ball of trash. Not to mentioned she smelled. She was nasty to guests and the food and beverage manager had to ask her to leave the reception. Please be aware the hotel is under construction, (which they told the bride construction would start in Oct.) so the rooms you and guests will experience will consist of mold, mold smell, AC broken, wet floors, roaches, and being woken up at 5am or 6am by hammering and drilling. I would suggest to read all the reviews on the hotel currently. I am sure once the higher ups are aware of this awful experience they will make changes to staff and the hotel will be amazing after the renovations. The centerpieces they had was elegant and I helped the bride pick them out. They had black lanterns 20 for $150 and a white candle inside that sat on top of the mirror the Saint Louis provided. Then they had four small white candles in vases surrounding the lantern with small pedals from a flower that I forget the name. The candles were cheap, she bought 72 for $50 online. Oh they also had candles in vases , 4 sets of 4 different sizes surrounding the fountain. Very pretty and the food was excellent. There also was a photobooth (I think Big Easy Photobooths) that was amazing and handed the bride and groom their guest book at the end of the night. They were not expensive and were excellent. We signed a note to the bride and groom by our picture. Great keep sake. They had awesome photographers- Dream Catchers and Flawless Bride did an amazing job on hair and makeup for the girls. The reason I know all the venders is because I too am getting married soon in the area, I live in Baton Rouge. I hope this helps out and congratulations and good luck. -Jennifer
  • AEMACK11AEMACK11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ps- I am on my friend's account (the bride) because I don't like to get all the junk mail sent to my work email. Opps I better tell her I wrote this review so she isn't surprised if she receives emails. Lol! But please read the reviews online that mentions the wedding coordinator and the GM. Not Good!! All and all the courtyard was amazing for a wedding thanks to that food and beverage manager-Will.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards