Texas-Houston
Options

Teal vs Cobalt

Those are the colors I am deciding between for BM dresses. What are some good accent colors for each? I am wanting jewel tones for a November wedding.

TIACool

Re: Teal vs Cobalt

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did teal, silver and white plain and boring but I LOVED IT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do you have a sample of the 2 colors you are trying to decide between?? And what type of fabric is it?

Also- I love jewl toned weddings. I love the mix of flowers that are available in the fall in the beautiful colors. What color linens are you planning to use?

Photobucket
  • Options
    ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is teal blue and green.  It also accents of gold. hopefully it will be pretty!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think teal is an easier color for most to wear. it tends to bring out the tan in most people.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/ 

this place has some great combinations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think teal would look awesome with purple..like this:

I also love this peackock feather inspipred one:

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am doing a deep teal but have yet to find bridesmaids dresses that are dark enough. therefore I am considering using the eggplant-y purple instead for their dresses. see the pic attached (the flower colors, not the table linen purple). those are the colors we are going to use! 

teal, purple, ivory, and green

• Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what exact color you're looking for, but I just ordered 7 fabric swatches from this place and 2 dress samples for BM dresses...

http://www.ariadress.com/ShantungSwatches.htm

They are pretty cute, not too pricey and you can really customize them!!
  • Options
    jorgemega10jorgemega10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what linens I am using or anything like that! I need to get in gear. The BM dresses are chiffon and the colbalt and teal are on the darker side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There was a gorgeous teal-purple-green peacock inspiration board on SMP a while back: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/05/21/from-inspiration-to-reality-the-design-15/ They also featured a lovely dark teal bridesmaid dress by Simple Silhouettes. It was a bit too expensive for my girls, but if you're looking for a pretty shade of teal (or purple), you should check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards