Wisconsin
Options

To Video or Not To Video

How many of you ladies are hiring a videographer?

My FI and I are back and forth about it.  I want it and he doesnt.  He's against it mostly because of budget.  I want it because I know if I DONT get it, I'll regret it.  

With that said, I found a website called www.flipahit.com which calls itself "an alternative" to traditional videography.  The idea looks really neat and the videos look great for what its worth.  Has anyone heard of or used this service before?  

Advice :-D

PS - Any local, inexpensive, videographer reccomendations? 

Re: To Video or Not To Video

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_to-video-or-not-to-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:380f1fca-464e-4151-b857-5b905b9f521fPost:c03bb7a0-23a0-4c15-9de1-a363cb76ae26">To Video or Not To Video</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many of you ladies are hiring a videographer? My FI and I are back and forth about it.  I want it and he doesnt.  He's against it mostly because of budget.  I want it because I know if I DONT get it, I'll regret it.   With that said, I found a website called <a href="http://www.flipahit.com" rel="nofollow">www.flipahit.com</a> which calls itself "an alternative" to traditional videography.  The idea looks really neat and the videos look great for what its worth.  Has anyone heard of or used this service before?   Advice :-D PS - Any local, inexpensive, videographer reccomendations? 
    Posted by catherinegannon[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My FI and I are back and forth about this as well. You are not alone! </div>
  • Options
    We were the same way. We ended up getting a video camera and putting it at the alter. It turned out good. The day is so hectic we really wanted to be able to see our vows.
  • Options

My parents set up their video camera so we could capture our ceremony.  We did not have the budget for a professional videographer - great still photos were more important to us.  My DH is a film director/producer and his standards are very high (he does not do weddings).  He would critique anything anyone else would do, but has no issues with what is shot on a "family home movie" type camera.  Glad we have our home movie of the ceremony.  My 13 year old nephew also asked to use the camera to shoot some of the reception for us - very fun and crazy footage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!!  Just an update.  I booked www.flipahit.com for $399  It was exactly what we wanted.  FI & I are very happy :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards