Maryland-Baltimore

Venue Selection.. eek!

Hello!

I am newly engaged (yay!) and wanted to see if anyone had advice out there for me regarding venues I have narrowed down.

Has anyone had their reception on the 21st floor of the World Trade Center in the Inner Harbor? If so, who did you use for catering? We are having around 175-200 people for the wedding so I want to try to keep costs around $70-85/pp.

What about Overhill Mansion? I am going to see that tomorrow and wanted to get some input on the location if you had your reception there. We are getting married in October 2013. Did you take advantage of the outdoor part?

Any other suggestions?! Thanks!

Re: Venue Selection.. eek!

• I'm getting married at overhills in September, and I am having the ceremony outdoors and indoor reception.

So far, it seems the price/value is great, the service and ambiance are both very good, and the food is good (not 'amazing', but tasty.)  From other people who got married there, it seems the food presentation and service are also very good to great.

Lots of things are included that many other venues upcharge a lot for, like chiavari chairs and real (although basic) china, flatware and linens.  The BYOB policy will save you a lot of money if you wish to have an open bar.
  • We had a sorority formal at the World Trade Center, years ago, the view was a-maz-ing.  Sorry I can't really add anything else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Even when you decide on the venue, dont forget the other ways to enhance and personlize your vision with things such as lighting http://eventprolive.net/lighting/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards