Florida-South Florida

Florist & DJ

Having issues deciding on a florist and DJ.  We met with Dreammakers and really didn't like her.  Then we met with J Morgan and loved her, but it's very pricey.  Any other suggestions??

For the DJ we met with Vision DJ's and spoke with Liquid DJ's.  We're now deciding between the two.  Any suggestions on those??

Thanks in advance!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist & DJ

• edited December 2011
    I had bad experiences w/ dreammakers AND j morgan :(  so i'm using orange blossoms florals and they have been nothing but AMAZING.  i've become friends w/ both of the owners (mother & daughter) they have gone completely above and beyond my expectations. please let me know if you'd like their info. :)

as far as dj we shopped around  A LOT and decided w/ vision djs!  read their reviews on weddingwire.com... they are amazing reviews.  GOOD LUCK!!!  and HTH!!!
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We choose Liquid DJ's. They're a little more expensive than Vision, but FI is a former-DJ and VERY particular about who we chose. Like, he listened to their mixes to hear different transitions between songs... He felt the most comfortable with Liquids and I loved Shannon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also using Liquid DJ's. They came highly recommended by our venue and once I spoke to Shannon I felt really at ease. It was the quickest and easiest decision we made. For the florist we're using Sergio from La Bella Rosa Florist in Lighthouse Point (not sure how far he will travel). But prices are amazing and so is his work. He's very nice too. HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED my florist - Beautiful Kreations in Tamarac (www.beautifulkreations.com).  Marcia was amazing to work with, super accommodating and totally met my budget.  I would recommend her to anyone!

As for a DJ - have you tried Jammin' Express?  Jason (owner) is a old friend of mine and has been doing it for years...he's fantastic.

HTH!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Creations by Blanca for floral.

I like Visions or DJ Billman. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Ughh.. I cant stand vision OR liquid DJs.They're awful, just the worst possible example of guys trying to be 'nightclub DJs' but paying the bills buy doing weddings, whcih they have no idea how to do. Look at every review on here and you see how they screwed something up, pretty majorly, yet for some reason no one seems to care. The worst.  For florist, try Pink Pussycat in Plantation. Really nice work and a very decent price.
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Vision, I like their pricing most out of everyone.....I loved Jason from Jamming Express but he was a few hundred out of my price range. 

For floral Creations by Blanca and Gil Sosa. They both have awesome work but Blanca was more affordable for me.

• naani1326naani1326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love Juniors Entertainment Group-they have bands, DJs, dances you name it. And also i have heard good things about DJ Connection.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Mike at MB Entertainment?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • saramoursaramour member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I will look into all of these!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, LisafinallytheBRIDE! This is pretty harsh, have you ever been to an event with one of these companies? I did see couple of bad reviews for Vision DJs but I have yet to see a bad review for Liquid DJs.

I had Shannon from Liquid at my wedding and this guy SURE KNOWS HOW TO MIX! He is a former Power 96 DJ and he djed for every well-known club in Miami.

Check your facts before saying something so misleading!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:32e3e0e7-46cf-40a3-9c33-7e55859d3a7dPost:1f8fce2f-83db-4bd3-8fd7-261a126d9b62">Re: Florist & DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, LisafinallytheBRIDE! This is pretty harsh, have you ever been to an event with one of these companies? I did see couple of bad reviews for Vision DJs but I have yet to see a bad review for Liquid DJs. I had Shannon from Liquid at my wedding and this guy SURE KNOWS HOW TO MIX! He is a former Power 96 DJ and he djed for every well-known club in Miami. Check your facts before saying something so misleading!
    Posted by NPopRocks[/QUOTE]

AGREED!!!  lol WOW is right!  that was pretty harsh!!!... i read TONS of reviews on weddingwire before hiring vision and couldn't fine ONE bad review...
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed! We booked liquid for one because I really liked shannons energy and two because I literally could not find one bad comment about them and I looked. They were a little out of budget but I felt like they will make the party so I splurged a little. They have been great, answering questions immediatly and sending me an email that he was going out of town for a week even though my wedding was 8 months away and the chances of me contacting him were small. He was extremely knowledgeable when we spoke and knew every song I mentioned to him including a few from the 40s I wanted played for different reasons. Lisa finally the bride - if you hate all our suggestions so much why are you coming on here! I get differing opinions I get bad experiences but just completely knocking ppl others rate highly and the way you speak about vendors is rude and just makes me think I would never listen to a suggestion of yours anyways - so but this and your last post has just really bugged me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    agreed - Lisa, I'm not sure what makes you think that you can trash talk other bride's opinions on here but that's not what this board is about. Each person can give their own experiences and opinions and it's up to the person who asked for it to make their OWN decision. It's just not cool. Please keep your mean comments to yourself. If someone asks about a service you received then feel free to give harsh mean comments because its your opinion thats being asked. But to comment on someone else's work you havent received yourself is uncalled for. These are a GREAT group of girls and this board prides itself of staying drama free. Thanks.

Anyways - my two cents on here is Field of Flowers in Davie and MB Entertainment. Good luck deciding on who to choose! I remember trying to pick and it was a tough decision. Best of luck!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers: Touch of Paradise, DJ: Liquid DJs - they we absolutely amazing at my wedding!

Lisa finally the bride, no need to troll! This board is a very tight and respectful community.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzied82lizzied82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a DJ I have hired Leonard Baker. My fiance and I really liked him and his ideas, and he totally understood our vision and got excited about it with us! He also was perfectly in my budget which was super helpful. Visions and Liquid were out of my price range, if I recall correctly.

I'm still looking for a florist myself, and haven't met with any of them yet - so no rec's for that yet! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Touch of Paradise.  They couldn't be better.  Worth every penny, and the nicest men you will ever meet.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Its interesting how people ask for your opinions but if your opinion of a company  is bad then it isnt welcome - Pamlea718 says "I'm not sure what makes you think that you can trash talk other bride's opinions on here but that's not what this board is about." - arent you doing just that and trashing MY opinion? 

Saramour is considering using Vision or Liquid, and I gave her my opinion - they both suck. And yes, Npoprocks, Ive been to weddings with BOTH of those companies, and they're just the worst. 

Why is it that those two companies arent allowed to be criticized on this board? It makes me think that some brides on here may not be brides at all. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:32e3e0e7-46cf-40a3-9c33-7e55859d3a7dPost:a9ff86bf-9db6-42da-aaa3-9ea45db0aa6d">Re: Florist & DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look at every review on here and you see how they screwed something up, pretty majorly, <u>yet for some reason no one seems to care. The worst.</u>  Posted by LisaisfinallytheBRIDE[/QUOTE]

I'm not judging your opinion because hey! guess what I didn't like vision either but like I said in the other post - it's your delivery that has girls offended. By saying no one on this board cares, isn't that kind of attacking our character here on the board? I'm not sure what the issue is here but you're totally right - you're entitled to your opinion and I apologize if I offended you but <u>please do not attack the girls on this board.</u> They are a wonderful group of girls that enjoy being drama free. I would just be aware at how you sound when you are posting because like I said, it's sounding like youre attacking peoples character and their truthfulness. Everyone on here is honest with their opinions and if you don't think they are - you're obviously new and don't yet know these girls very well. Give it time and you will see just how honest they are about having a bad experience. Did you catch the recent post about Men's Warehouse? How about the wedding review about the horrible photographer?? Any of these ringing a bell? These girls will most definetly speak up when they encounter an issue with a vendor.
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:32e3e0e7-46cf-40a3-9c33-7e55859d3a7dPost:fd588809-1ea6-474b-a238-41d5670bb48d">Re: Florist & DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its interesting how people ask for your opinions but if your opinion of a company  is bad then it isnt welcome - Pamlea718 says " I'm not sure what makes you think that you can trash talk other bride's opinions on here but that's not what this board is about." - arent you doing just that and trashing MY opinion?  Saramour is considering using Vision or Liquid, and I gave her my opinion - they both suck. And yes, Npoprocks, Ive been to weddings with BOTH of those companies, and they're just the worst.  Why is it that those two companies arent allowed to be criticized on this board? It makes me think that some brides on here may not be brides at all. 
    Posted by LisaisfinallytheBRIDE[/QUOTE]

First of all, I think you are lying about seeing both companies in action just to defend your point. Also, I went back to your posts and noticed that you gave a GLOWING review to Studio M Events while trashing every other DJ company.

You haven't even received service from your vendor and you are already praising them like they are the best thing out there. Also, your wedding is in February 2014! Hmmm, really? Personally, I think you are a vendor yourself with a very nasty attitude.

If you are not, I feel really bad for your vendors because they are stuck working with you until 2014.
  • MK061604MK061604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I noticed someone mentioned studio m events. If you want your dream wedding do not use them. I made that mistake. My wedding was 3 months ago and they just told me they lost some of my pictures and the Dj played a lot of the wrong songs for our ceremony and beginning of reception. nobody could really here the music during our ceremony. And they forgot our uplighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards