Colorado-Denver

I am a Mrs!!!! (Pics and Review)

Hello everyone,

I tied the knot on July 2, 2011 and have been happily married for 5 days! The special day could have not gone any better. There is no complaints and I am very happy for everything. As most of you know (or may not know) or wedding will be featured on theknot Colorado issue magazine coming out this September. I am a budget bride who was in search for the perfect venue, DJ, limo etc. for our special day.

Here are my reviews for vendors:

Venue: Omni Interlocken Resort - A

It was a beautiful venue. We had our reception in the outdoor covered pavillion. The venue charges per person based on food choice and package selection. Prices range from $$$-$$$$. This was well in our budget with 100 guests and Chaelynn (wedding coordinator) was the absolute best! She made sure we got our pictures taken in the beautifl area and took us on her little golf cart. Our guests were impressed by our venue and how beautiful it was. The food was amazing. For many brides who are not looking for a caterer this is your place. They also provide the cake so you are stress free about the food. The only thing that went wrong was my bridal party didn't get any food or drinks during cocktail hour as promised. They all had to hang out in a room while I took pictures and before they got announced. They were starving so much that they had to walk down to the pavillion to get some more food!

DJ: Choice City DJs - A+

Wow, can this guy play MUSIC! Damian was the absolute BEST. I had a rare mix of cultures. I am 23 years old so most of our friends like Top Hits. My family is Peruvian so we got the Salsa and Merenge and my DH's side is from Colorado so we had the country music also. Damian made sure to run everything by me and we paid $430 for 5 hours which is a deal!!!! His MC made everyone happy and he made everything run by smoothly. I would highly recommend this DJ! He made me stress free and kept asking me how I was feeling and if the music was okay. His one goal was to make me, the bride happy and I felt that all night.

Photo Booth Creations - A++

I found photo booth creations while searching for an affordable photo booth. Come on now, I wanted one SO bad but they were so darn expensive. I contacted the ownder, Brian and told him my budget which he was more then happy to work with. Other photo booth companies didn't cut me a break and didn't care to work with our budget which upset me. The photo booth is in great condition, the pictures were crystal clear, the photo booth was a great size (fit 6 people comfortably) the props he brought were hilarious and the staff is great. Brian owns the photo booth and built it himself. My friends and family still talk about this photo booth and how it was a perfect touch to the wedding. The price was amazing and the set up was great. I have never been so happy with this company! Would def use them again!

Shamanes Bakery, Boulder - B

At the tasting the cake was great, my DH melted when he tasted his italian cream so muchthat he bought one a week after LOL. Well at the wedding the cake was "melting" so they had me cut it right away. I was told that it was because I chose chocolate mousse. At the tasting she told me that melting wouldn't happen but it did! We had to rush to cut our cake which was a pain because no one saw us cut it -- not a big deal that stuff isn't important to me... one picture is enough. The cake looked perfect like right out of my mind. She is a great decorator.

Longest Limo, LLC, Fort Collins - C

What can be worse then leaving your church into 90 degree weather in a heavy white dress and heavy tux? Not having A.C in the LIMO!!! OMG!!! I was dying and he didn't provide any water for me and my guests. If I heard one lesson it was to not be CHEAP about the limo. He told us that the compressor broke because he kept the limo on while taking 20 mins worth of pictures -- which I thought was B.S. We were all dying and only a corner of the limo had AC. The limo looked cool but we had to bring our own champagne and glasses. Tad, the owner also was hard to work with. We paid $375 for the limo (4 hours) I was so happy that I finally had a chance to cool down by standing right next to him in the limo. No A.C killed it!!!

Makeup: Kiss an Tell - A

Sara just started her career in wedding makeup and WOW she did a beautiful job. She comes prepared and even comes with extra of everything (last minute mom) She was on time and super fun and nice. She really loves her work aand is great it it! She has her license and literally has talent. Toal cost was $35 per girl including lashes. My family anf friends were very impressed by her work and her make up trials were free! I will be using her again soon! She even bought her wax emergency kit just in case!

Boudoir Photos: Kristi with Hillside - A++

The photos turned out beautiful. My FI loved his book and said I looked sexy in all the photos. Kristi made me feel so comfortable! Total cost for 1 hour was $150 that included changes and the CD with all the images. I did the book on shutterfly with my free book coupon. I would highly recommend (and have) recommended her to many girls on theknot. She is a great photographer and def makes you feel safe and comfortable. The rooms she has are perfect for this sexy photo shoot!

Hope my review helps you girls, if you have any questions or need any information contact me. I didn't put info of our wedding photographer (Sarah Lee Welch Photography) because I haven't received the photos yet.

- R&G - July 2, 2011

Re: I am a Mrs!!!! (Pics and Review)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards