North Carolina
Options

helloo! All lovely knottie ladies! calling all brides from CHARLOTTE AREA

Good Afternoon,
ok so I have seen alot of people talking about "lurking" recently, so I figured I would come out and introduce myself.....
My name is Carolyn
and I recently got engaged!! 9/10/11 :)
Although I am currently living in southeastern VA we are locating to NC in the next month.... thomasville....high point..... (i think)
So I am interested in having our wedding in the Charlotte area
Potential date September 30 of 2012? or 2013?
I love the St. Mary's chapel so im thinking of having our ceremony there
then the reception @ the Bonterra dinning and wine room, its only about 5 minutes away according to mapquest.
I was hoping to get engagement pics done in NC but since we haven't moved there yet, I dont really know of any good photographers, or locations.
Can any or all of you that have gotten engaged or married in these areas give me some ideas or reviews if you have used these locations or vendors? any advice or recommendations would be wonderful  besides i need to make some friends for when we move down there! Laughing

Thanks bunches!
Carolyn xoxoxoxo

Re: helloo! All lovely knottie ladies! calling all brides from CHARLOTTE AREA

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know next to nothing about Charlotte...but I grew up in Thomasville.  If you have any general living questions about the T-ville, HP area I'd be happy to try to help :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! What's the story behind the engagement?! :D

I live in the Raleigh area now but was born and raised in Charlotte so I might have some suggestions. Are you definitely set on a church venue? St. Mary's is gorgeous! Another church I know of that has that sort of vintage, unique feel inside is Grace on Brevard - here's the link: http://www.graceonbrevard.com/ It's right in uptown and there's a lot of options around it for reception spaces, but I'm not sure about your budget.

In terms of photographers, we're using Bridget and we're thrilled about her so far - here's the link to her blog - http://bridgetmcenaney.wordpress.com/ She's based in Chapel Hill but she travels all over the state. I'm not really sure about others since we booked her as soon as we found out she had our date available, but I'm sure others will have suggestions too. Good luck with wedding planning! It can be stressful but fun too. :)
  • Options
    amnolenamnolen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Congratulations on the engagement!

We are getting married in Mooresville which is ~20 min north of Charlotte. St. Mary's is really pretty, but Charlotte venues book FAST! So I would call A.S.A.P. if you are dead set on it. 

If you are considering Grace on Brevard, they told us that they are no longer doing weddings when we contacted them but I would still try them :)

IDK if you are looking to have a church ceremony and seperate reception but if you are looking to have your ceremony and reception in the same place the Big Chill is a very nice place to look into!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    crlewis803crlewis803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't know much about Charlotte but I'm sadly an expert on the city of High Point! Congrats on your engagement!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lb1112lb1112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I just got married on 9/3/11 at The Great Aunt Stella Center and the reception at Bonterra Wine Room.  I wanted to do St. Mary's also, but it was booked.  The Bonterra Wine Room was fantastic! I would highly reccomend it!  Melanie that is the coordinator there was fantastic, the food was awesome, everyone raved about it.  If you have any other questions feel free to email me! lisarb@gmail.com

• Options
    bynumgarrawaybynumgarraway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Charlotte Brides!!!  Welcome to NC!

I actually get married on 10/22/11...*excited* and will be having my ceremony at St. Mary's Chapel.  I absolutely love it.  As a note...be sure to use the information on the mecklenburg county .org website.  For some reason, a group of vendors got together and made an unofficial St. Mary's website basically saying they are the only approved vendors for the chapel.  NOT TRUE!!!  I've been working with Mrs. Doris there who has been giving me ACCURATE information! 
    Per the earlier advice, definitely book St. Mary's early!  I booked it November 2010 for my wedding and times were limited! 

Photographers: I'd suggest Indigo Photography! They are fantastic and Stephanie is amazing.  Probably a little more expensive than others but work it!

We are having our reception at the NC Dance Theatre on Tryon.  We are their first wedding! It's a beautiful venue that doesnt have all of the crazy rules that many other banquets halls enforce i.e house alcohol, prefered caterer list, etc.
    Mrs. G to you...
  • Options
    squirrelcubesquirrelcube member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to Charlotte!  I myself am from Charlotte, but am getting married in Kure Beach.

However, I can recommend a couple of photographers to you, one based here in Charlotte, and one in Wilmington, but she travels all over (she's even doing a wedding next month in England!)

The one we are using is Terah Wilson from Timeless Fotographie.  Her website is www.timelessfotographie.com. Also, I have a good friend from work that is also a photographer.  We would have had her do ours, but she was already booked for that weekend.  Her name is Lindsay McDavitt.  She has a blog at lindsaygholi.wordpress.com.

Depending on your budget, if you're looking for a wedding planner, I have a colleague that could help.  Her name is Kinsza Littlejohn, and she was featured on WE's Platinum Weddings for doing the wedding for one of the Carolina Panthers! Her site is www.itheewednc.com.

Good luck with all your planning in the months ahead!
    Anniversary Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooooo much for all your input!! I will try to get in touch with the chapel here sometime this week to see what they have available. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! :)
    KEEP ON ROCKING! NC KNOTTIES UNITE!
  • Options
    smhartersmharter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I am also getting married at St Marys Chapel in May 2012 and our reception is at Bentleys on 27in uptown on the 27th floor of the Plaza Building. The VIEW is unbeatable and the restaurant is amazing!!! Price about the same as other venues.  And we are using Indigo Photograpy, we immediately clicked with Andy there. Also Indigo works with PhotoBooth of Charlotte on some great deals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!!

I checked out St. Mary's & LOVED it..but FI didn't want a chruch wedding.  We're getting married at Freedom Park on 10/13/2012 with the reception in the pavillion. 

For a photographer, The Schultzes are AMAZING, I would love to book them, but they are a bit out of my price range!  Here is a link to their blog:

http://www.lovetheschultzes.com/blog/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards