Georgia-Atlanta

Engagement pics location help in downtown

Hey ladies!

My fiance and I are taking our engagement pictures in a few weeks and I need some help for good locations! We are getting married in North GA and so our wedding will have a more rural feel which represents a part of our lives, but the city plays an important role for us too. So, we would love to have our engagement session have a more urban feel! We have both been raised doing the "typical' Atlanta activities (i.e. Fox theater, Braves games, Underground, world of coke, the V...) and I would like to showcase what makes Atlanta special (and definitely some good skyline shots).

Does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks!

Re: Engagement pics location help in downtown

• those sound like good ideas since they hold significance and meaning
  • Some of the bridges over the 85/75 Connector might make for good shots with the skyline-the one by Tech might work.  Also Centennial Park has decent skyline in the background.  Atlantic Station has the bridge but it has fencing but there is that fake Arc d'Triumphe and some cool condo buildings.  LIttle 5 has a good cool vibe,neat buildings, graffiti, etc. and probably some decent skyline shots around there.  Piedmont Park has a spot near the track, I think, with good skylines.  There's a brick wall I see in lots of wedding shots with the skyline in the background.  Hope you get some great photos!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_engagement-pics-location-help-in-downtown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:ef385769-81fd-4c67-9965-386a471bcf2aPost:bd336434-b0c0-4c75-a9cc-2b725010a911">Engagement pics location help in downtown</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! My fiance and I are taking our engagement pictures in a few weeks and I need some help for good locations! We are getting married in North GA and so our wedding will have a more rural feel which represents a part of our lives, but the city plays an important role for us too. So, we would love to have our engagement session have a more urban feel! We have both been raised doing the "typical' Atlanta activities (i.e. Fox theater, Braves games, Underground, world of coke, the V...) and I would like to showcase what makes Atlanta special (and definitely some good skyline shots). Does anyone have any good ideas? Thanks!
    Posted by kesmit07[/QUOTE]

The rooftop of Six Feet Under or The Republic.  Either of those offer a nice view of the city, plus beautiful Oakland Cemetary.  You'd  have to scout it out ahead of time though and let them know that you'd like to do it there. Have Lunch/Dinner and a photo shoot- then you can reserve a specific spot that you want to take your pics in.  Also, for an "urban" look, try going around to some of the places that have murals up as part of the Living Walls project.  There is some really amazing art around town, in places that definitely have that old but cool and urban atlanta vibe. 
  • Thanks ladies! The fiance and I are going to drive around today to get some good ideas and talk about it with our photographer. But, I would love any more recommendations!

My fiance is studying architecture, so when I say urban I mean anything with special architectural elements. Does anything like that stick out to you?

We love Six Feet Under too! But my grandfather is buried at Oakland, so I think that might be a little creepy to have that in the pictures!
  • Check out the White Provisions building (Ormsby's, JCT Kitchen) for some really cool loft/urban scenery... off Howell Mill in the Westside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards