Illinois-Chicago
Options

Small business florist rec?

I try to support small businesses whenever possible, but it feels like I'm taking more of a chance on them. Anyone with a good, independent florist to recommend (in a reasonable price range?) Really concerned about dependability...

Re: Small business florist rec?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ZuZu's Petals.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tracy at Elegant Blooms!  She was recommended by a married Knottie.  She responds quickly to calls & emails.  She works from her home in Naperville but travels to where you are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flowers by Dee Dee. The florist's name is Dee Dee Check and her number is 847-366-6078. She works out of her home in Grayslake. She has previously owned flower shops, but decided it was too much overhead and now works from home.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gina with GnG Designs, also located out of her home in Grayslake. She's been very dependable for me so far!
    www.gngdesigns.com
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joyce Grattoni. She taught floral design at Harper. I booked her based on another knottie suggestion.

PM me if you want her contact info
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Tracy at Elegant Blooms.  She is doing my flowers and I love everything she has suggested.  And she was more than willing to work with my tight budget. 

But if you are looking for a florist who does not work from home, and has an actual brick-and-mortar store, I suggest Fleur in Logan Square, Rolling Meadows Florist or Heritage House in Downers Grove.
  • Options
    amylulichamylulich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you're located, but K.C. Floral Design in Lockport is a great small business.  I utilized their services for an event for work.  They are friendly and Daniel is great to work with.
    http://www.kcfloraldesignonline.com/
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Zuzu's Petals!
  • Options
    Jo+SephJo+Seph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I have some calls to make! Thanks so much for the tips!
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kio Kreations and she was awesome and budget friendly! 
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_small-business-florist-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:0684b30d-f918-44f0-8e7a-6c1da60b1ae2Post:26903c80-3760-410d-bbf3-e4ccb621966c">Re: Small business florist rec?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joyce Grattoni. She taught floral design at Harper. I booked her based on another knottie suggestion. PM me if you want her contact info
    Posted by Sparkette19[/QUOTE]

Joyce is fabulous (and about as independent and small business as you can get).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jo/Steph....

I am using Kristen from Kio Kreations and she is extremely dependable. Check her website for all of her very unique and beautiful creations. www.kiokreations.com
    I am sure the recs from the other gals are great as well.

Kristen has been wonderful to work with so far and I highly recommend her. She is the owner of her business. 

I think it is wonderful that you are supporting small business' with your vendors, if you need any other recommendations I will be happy to share all of  mine with you.
    Just PM me, but page me on the board to let me know you PM'd me.

I am using a whole group of young, very hip, and newly in business or in a small business wedding vendors. All have been wonderful to work with so far, a nd since I am paying for most of the wedding myself, they are easier on the budget as well.

My photog, florist, videographer, are private owners. I went with a bit bigger company for music, and I have been thrilled with them as well.

I am with a VERY BUDGET caterer and they have been awesome, food is great (especially pricing for what you get)
    Good Luck, HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Zuzu's Petals.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Kio Kreations!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also ditto Kio Kreations. Our flowers were awesome for our wedding and I came in under budget going with her.
  • Options
    lmhamzelmhamze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will ditto Tracy at Elegant Blooms!! I met with her after reading some rec's on this board & am so glad I found her! She is great with a budget & has so many good ideas! Good luck with your search! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you are interested in a southside vendor, i am using the Blossom Boys in beverly.  You get to work with the owners and they will work within your budget and gave me good tips on what can be re-used to save some money.

http://www.theblossomboys.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards