Minnesota
Options

What to do with the DJ?

I booked my wedding DJ over a year ago, our wedding is coming up in June. He has been an okay DJ... met with us when we scheduled and got back to us promptly, at the beginning. He hasn't said anything to us lately, send him a playlist and a really slow response, and worse I recommended him to a friend. He scheduled an appointment and never showed up! And just said he forgot...oops. Should I ask him about this? Should I get someone else? I am worried he just might not show up.... It is Fine Line Entertainment out of St. Cloud, has anyone seen them, used them , heard anything either good or bad about them?? I could really use some advice!

Re: What to do with the DJ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    II would email him and let him know exactly how you are feeling about it. Origionally I was going to sign with one company and they were terrible to respond too and lied about the contracts, so I let them know how I felt and changed ASAP.

I have not heard of your DJ though. I would let them know right away though. You are the one paying them to reponsive and make your day special. Try emailing about their lack of response time and the sense of their uninterest. Maybe that will help.

If they continue to be unhelpful. Maybe start looking for another DJ that if worse comes to worse you change. I know there are some great companies out there.
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I PP what the last bride said.  Maybe call rather than email so you know you get someone on the phone.  Communication is key is a successful service.  I have not heard anything about your company either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed definitely call don't e-mail. I have seen a wedding almost get ruined by a DJ that didn't show up. The banquet mgr had another DJ's number on hand and they were able to get someone there. Make sure your DJ has some kind of back-up.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bah, red flag! I'd be looking into someone else. Where is your wedding? Vendors from Minneapolis will usually travel to St. Cloud. The Minneapolis/St. Paul board is much more active, and most of the people there would be happy help you find someone else.
  • Options
    luckybreezeluckybreeze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard OF them but not of their reputation. I also am a St. Cloud Bride planning her wedding, who happens to work as a mobile DJ... Finding vendors in this area is tricky at times. I would handle the situation by calling the company directly, it may only be a specific DJ who is dropping the ball of whom the owner is unaware. From experience with my co-workers, it is easy to see how one persons bad ethics can ruin a reputation. I have been in the situation where clients come to me complaining of a co-worker, and upon talking to the boss, he was unaware of that persons unprofessional behavior. If talking to the owner doesn't do the trick, review your contract carefully to see what duties they should be upholding at this time, hopefully you can find a stipulaton not met where you could get refunded your deposit. Good Luck Sweets
    PS, finding another area DJ... Ask any of your friends who have had a reception lately, or if you happen to be in a bar with a mobile set-up and you like their style, ask for a card, Usually its a good indication the DJ is contracted out (instead of hired in house).... And its a good indication they are reliable as well (other-wise the bar would replace them)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful about hiring a bar DJ to do a wedding. FI's brother had a bar DJ that they knew, and he didn't know the first thing about weddings. He played only newer music and stuff appropriate to a bar.
  • Options
    ringlersarahringlersarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booking a DJ for next year. Fineline is actually the company and I am thinking about booking with, but after reading this I am getting nervous. Have things gotten any better? When is your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards