Snarky Brides

Saturday! (do weekend-days get posts?)

Good morning!

I'm going to a two year old's birthday party today!  Hurray!  It's at 9:30 which I think is the earliest non-work event I have ever gone to.  There will also be a clown, which I am not sure I am entirely on board with yet.  Anybody else have great plans?

Also, my whole family (parents and brother) went on vacation together recently and my brother and I both realized we are becoming more and more like my dad as we get older.  We repeat his sayings and do all the weird things he taught us (and chastize my mom for not doing things his way) like using the "coast factor."  Is this happening to everyone else?  Turning into your dad?  Or parents I guess, as I think there's the saying about women turning into their moms.    

Re: Saturday! (do weekend-days get posts?)

• Hail the conquering heroine!  Went to the gym this morning for the first time.  Did a nice easy workout and meeting with a personal trainer on Monday evening.  Endorphins kicked in and I've been on the go since.  Feels good.

Otherwise I think we're doing nothing but playoff games.  I keep reading all the Manti Te'o stuff and it's boggling, but from what I hear, this catfishing or whatever it's called has taken in many people.  I guess with modern technology, almost anything is possible.

dtb - how was Christmas in Hawaii?
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I went to my ACLS class this morning and I am going to a Mardi gras parade tonight. I am excited. Weekends usually have a few posts but it tends to be slower. Yeah the catfish thing is totally crazy.
  • Have y'all ever seen the movie Catfish? It went around the independent circuit in 2010 and we saw it in theaters and I LOVED it. H is always into the indie movies, and that is one of my favorites.

Anyways, MF and I just ran 8 miles and now that we have both bathed we are settling in for a nap. H is out of town for 7 more days so it's just me and the dog!
  • Marrin- Hawaii was fantastic, thanks for asking!  It was a little weird, as we didn't do presents or anything, and it was all tropical so it didn't really feel like Christmas, but it was sooo fun.  The only bad part was I knocked out my two front teeth a while ago, and havea retainer with two fake front teeth in it to wear while dentists are doing the whole implant thing, so normalls it looks like I have all my teeth, and about half way through the trip the retainer came out while I was snorkelling.  So I had to finish the trip with no front teeth, then wait a week after we got home for a replacement.  Worth it though!

And yay for the gym!  I keep trying to get into running, but I just can't.  I think part of it is my asthma and part of it is that I just hate running.  I love swimming though, so I'm looking for a gym with a pool to do laps.  You'll have to let me know how the personal trainer is.  I've been thinking about it, but if I got a personal trainer that yells at me at all I think I'd just cry and quit.  

Swag, 8 miles is crazy amazing!  Great job!
  • Hi all! Update on h's nana, they're giving her 72 hours ish? We saw her last night and she's comfortable, which is the important part Took the dogs to the vet at 8am, and have been on the go since, it's nap time :)
  • dtb - There's a chance you may have sports-induced asthma. H never had it growing up, and he's been incredibly healthy his whole life, but at 27 he started having breathing problems when he ran. The doctor said it's very common for adults to get sports-induced asthma, and prescribed him an inhaler. He just takes a puff or two before working out, and it's been incredible how much it's helped.
    As for running, I LOVE running, but if you hate it, don't do it. There's exercise everyone can find enjoyable. Like, I HATE yoga. Hate it. I want to run out screaming the few times I've gone. Why make working out miserable? Sounds like you love swimming, so embrace it!
    As for personal trainers, I do outdoor boot camp. The one I use is Camp Gladiator, and usually it's one trainer per 20-25 people, so it's similar to personal trainers (he helps us with form, and splits us into experience/fitness levels), but only $70/month. If you're interested, you may be able to find one in your area. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards