Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Should you send a gift?

Although we all know gifts aren't an obligation, would you or should you send a gift if you were invited to but not attending someone's wedding? Am interested in the general consensus...

Re: Should you send a gift?

• Options
    It depends on whose wedding.  If it was a close family member (say, a cousin) or a really close friend, and I could afford it, then yes, I would probably send a gift.   Anyone else, I probably wouldn't unless I actually WENT to the wedding.

Gifts are never required (as you said), but they are definitely not required for guests who are invited but don't actually attend.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We always send a gift.  Although, I have yet to receive an invitation where I thought it was weird that I was invited, so maybe if that happened, I would just send a card.  
  • Options
    We always send a gift. What/how much depends on our relationship w/the couple.
  • Options
    If you're not attending, I'd say it's personal preference/depends on the closeness of the relationship.  Probably nice to at least send a card.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Depends on the person.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    We always send a gift.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We always send a gift; depending on the couple and the registry we buy what's in our price range. No harm, no foul.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_should-send-gift-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:d6e94ff9-5329-4e5e-9809-d135c03e30efPost:c34c1bb8-761e-432f-bdbf-bdc2e1290c45">Re: Should you send a gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on the person.
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
  • Options
    [QUOTE]We always send a gift. What/how much depends on our relationship w/the couple.
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

This is what we do.  So far we've only been invitated to weddings of people we are close to and that we want to attend (we did have to decline one, but we sent a gift).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We always send a gift, but if it's not someone you're especially close to I don't think it's expected and a card is fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards