African American Weddings

Makeup artist costs

I'm looking at one. She told me $200 for a full face application and $120 for a trial run!
How much did you ladies pay?

She does celeb makeup here in Atlanta and is really good. Just not sure if I can justify that price.

Re: Makeup artist costs

• For me that price is not something I would not pay for makeup...I'm not really into makeup so I'm not sure if that is reasonable or not but to me it isnt lol. I guess being that she's a celebrity makeup artist her prices are bound to be on the pricey side but I feel like there are plenty MUAs that can beat your face for less than half her price w/out necessarily compromising how good it looks. My MUA charges $75 for the bride & doesn't charge for the trial run & includes lashes if you want them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not a make up person either... soo all I know is in vegas I am having air brush and it's 125 and with the owner of the company it's 150..

the normal price for make-up and hair is 160 and the special now is 125...

maybe it is because she does celebrities
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  Im paying $90 which includes airbursh, lashes and touch up kit and my trial run is $55. She is doing my BP the same for $55.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Some one quoted me 200 too. and yea the make up is good i didn't want to pay it.. So i went with this lady.. She is charging me 120 for my wedding day make up and that's because she is coming to me, but after the ceremony i get a fix up.. ... she is charging 40 for trial run and my girls 50 for day of and that includes lashes, etc..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I'm gonna pass on her. I was willing to spend $120 at the most.
  • My MUA is charging me $200 for myself and 3 bridal party members.  She is in Atlanta if you would like her information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards