Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

NWR-New Bedding

Hey ladies,

Looking for some help.  Kohls was having a great bedding sale that I couldn't pass up.  I know, I could be getting it for the wedding, but I really needed new bedding.  So I got 700 thread count 100% cotton sateen Ralph L in chocolate sheets, I followed the washing instructions.  To my dissatisfaction, the sheets are very crisp and rough.  My old target sheets were much softer but they were 5 years old.  Maybe i just dont remember when I bought them, if they were rough.  Does anyone have ways to make the sheets soft quickly?  I've searched online and found baking soda and vinegar solutions, kinda worried about ruining them and a vinegar small.  Any remedies are apprciated. TIA

JS

Re: NWR-New Bedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

I really have no idea, sorry.  You did use fabric softener when you dried them right?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did use fabric softener, however Im wondering if it got stuck inside the sheets and didnt actually get to circulate in the dryer.  Maybe Ill rewash and try ripping the dryer sheets up so the pieces get to circulate around.

JS
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use both liquid and sheet fabric softner when washing sheets - I love the extra scent and don't have to worry if the sheet gets stuck.  We have king sheets that tangle easily.  My wedding sheets were from kohls as well, 600 TC sateen, and they are smooth and soft from day one.  I don't think they were RL though.  I have had a problem with scratchy sheets with high thread counts that were egyptian cotten, non sateen. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm I don't know. I will say that I love jersey sheets. I got them at Target. We registered for these organic sheets at Target too that are really soft. I WANTZ!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I once got 1000 thread counts at Kohls and wound up returning them. I had the same situaiton, they were not soft post-drier.

The vinegar thing should work--it breaks down the detergents on the fibers that makes it stiff. I love vinegar and use it for near everything, so call me bias.

Otherwise, just return them--if you have all the packaging. Just tell them you weren't happy, they didn't ask me twice.

I've learned that a decliate dry cycle softens everything up (low heat on your hair works the same way as opposed to give it a super hot fast dry). Try that next time.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards