Getting in Shape
Options

XP: I'm asking Santa for Will Power for Xmas

Hello!  I've never posted here, but since I'm starting my path to getting in shape I thought it might be ok to - hope you don't mind!

Holy taledo!  New Personal Trainer is slapping me with a 1500 calorie diet starting Tuesday!  I know it's what is best for me, as I've been a PS girl pretty much all my life and my Mom has tried fixing that pretty much all my life so I know what I gotta do....but *dramatic prose* woe is me how will I survive without super sweetened up coffee and pizza & beer (ahem smirnoff)?  What a world, what a world - as god as my witness I....*end dramatic prose*

I actually feel bad for FI in all of this because I'm making this choice but as a byproduct he's being dragged along for the ride because he's the primary cook and shopper so it means he will do a lot of the measuring and such.  He did it when I was on Weight Watchers and was fine with it - and he/I knows that the peripheral result is he is also eating healthy, but man....based on the calorie counting PT did from 2 days, we're going to be cutting like 1000 calories out.  Dude do I feel like a fat cow!

BUT - I'm not complaining - though I'm sure it sounds like I am.  I'm actually worried I can't do it or I'll slip up and then beat myself up.  I'm glad I have someone else to help me be accountable for the junk I put into my body.  For anyone else doing the Personal Trainer thing - good luck to you too!

Re: XP: I'm asking Santa for Will Power for Xmas

• Options
    I watch my calories (and eat an average of 1500 a day) and I still eat pizza and drink beer occasionally.  Completely depriving yourself is a recipe for disaster, and I suggest that instead of completely cutting out the things you love, that you figure out how to work them into your eating plan.  And no...I don't mean eating half a pizza for dinner and starving yourself the rest of the day.  Make pizza at home--that will cut your fat and calories in half.  Order and eat 1-2 pieces with lots of veggies and light on the meat (or with a healthier meat like chicken) and a big salad with it. 

When you know you'll be going out for happy hour, work some extra exercise in. 

The key to losing weight is making healthy lifestyle changes.  If you can't imagine doing it for the rest of your life, you're setting yourself up for failure.  There is still a place for pizza, beer, and even chocolate in a healthier lifestyle, and yes, you can still lose weight.

And you know what?  You'll have days when you go over.  By a lot.  You'll have days where you eat too many cookies, cupcakes, slices of pizza, drink too many Smirnoffs.  It's ok.  It happens.  There's nothing to beat yourself up about.  Accept it, and move on.  Go back to normal the next day.  Don't try to "make up for it".  Just do better next time.  You CAN do it.  And it's ok to overdo it sometimes.  It's not the end of the world, the end of your weightloss, or the end of the healthier new lifestyle unless YOU make it that way. 

Good luck!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I want a wii or xbox kinex

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_xp-im-asking-santa-will-power-xmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:618be882-e82c-4879-a619-721b9dcce71dPost:ce71472f-67e6-404f-86e7-646e1307a608">XP: I'm asking Santa for Will Power for Xmas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually feel bad for FI in all of this because I'm making this choice but as a byproduct he's being dragged along for the ride because he's the primary cook and shopper so it means he will do a lot of the measuring and such.  He did it when I was on Weight Watchers and was fine with it - and he/I knows that the peripheral result is he is also eating healthy, but man....based on the calorie counting PT did from 2 days, we're going to be cutting like 1000 calories out.  Dude do I feel like a fat cow!
    Posted by LGM22[/QUOTE]

J&K said it best.  My only advice is that you make sure your FI is eating right for him. He likely will need a different caloric level than you do so please take that into consideration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards