• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
New Jersey

XP- Name Change question

We just got our certified copy of our marriage liscense today.  I wanted to go to the DMV this afternoon and mail out my new SS card app as well today.  The only thing I'm worried about is we are going on our HM next week and it's booked under my maiden name.  I am planning on using my passport which will still have my maiden name but is this enough.  Can I just use my passport or will my DL name need to match as well.  Thanks.
  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP- Name Change question

  • You should be fine to travel with just your passport.  As for new SS application, I ended up going to SS office in Hoboken in person to submit application, I wasn't aware that you could mail it in.  Once i received new SS card in mail i went to DMV, although in hindsite I dont think that is necessary to change your name at DMV
  • Pretty sure you only need one or the other - DL or passport (passport obviously if you're leaving the country)  You should be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2012
    Yeah I just called the national passport agency. THey said as long as my ticket name matches my passport name I'm fine.  SO off to the DMV I go.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards