Outdoor Weddings

Help picking time of year!!

Having a hard time deciding about the date.  My venue is Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, CT, which is basically a large old carousel building on a beach, perfect for an outdoor beach ceremony followed by an indoor reception. 
I had originally wanted to get married sometime in May or June 2013, but it turns out that the only Saturday dates left anywhere near then are either April 20th or mid-July or later.  I have been leaning towards doing a BBQ theme, which is maybe more appropriate for summer than for early spring, but who knows?

I feel like Goldilocks... April may be too cold but July may be too hot!  April could be as cold as 45 degrees or nice and comfy at 65-75 - that time of year it's anyone's guess.  Mid-July could be beautiful and 80 degrees, or it could be sweltering and 95 degrees.  It is on the water so there should be a breeze.  The indoor space does NOT have a/c or heat although it would be possible to rent either fans or a heating unit if absolutely necessary.  It has large floor to ceiling windows that you can open all the way or keep everything closed up if it's cool out.   

I just want to pick the date that will have the best chance for everyone having a great time... not freezing but not dripping sweat either!   Thanks brides!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help picking time of year!!

• There's no guarantees either way.  We picked Labor Day mostly for the 3-day weekend but I was also hoping the dog days of summer would be over by then..... HA, it was hot and humid on our wedding day, felt like 100* while we were saying our vows!  We got married & had the reception at a ski lodge with big glass windows which only intensified the heat inside!

Figure out which date works best for you in other areas of planning and then just go for it!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the input!  I ended up going with July :-)  We are having a BBQ theme and if it's hot and people want to dress more casually it's OK with me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the Same dilema when Picking a season to get married. FI wanted spring, I wanted summer! We're getting married In Leavenworth, and it tends to have a cool summer so we picked August. that way it will still be warm enough to have an outdoor wedding, Which we both really want, and cool enough to not be too hot and uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards