July 2013 Weddings

Thoughts on Invites (PIP)

So now that I'm back in MD, I'm reunited with my MOH, who is getting married this June! (I am actually her MOH, too!) Last night,  when we were working on assembling her invitations, I had two thoughts that I wanted to share with all of you because they would never have occurred to me on my own:

1) Budget for postage. Somehow it never occurred to me to think of how much it adds up! She is sending out around 75 invitations for a 125 guest wedding, and postage cost her around $72. She also pointed out to me that if you want to really protect your invites, you need to get them hand cancelled by the post office (otherwise they run through a machine). She isn't doing this, so she doesn't know how much it costs, but it does cost more.

2) Numbering RSVP cards. Apparently some people will get RSVP cards back without a name filled out in them, and won't know who intends on coming to their wedding. So they write a tiny number on each card and assign it to a guest, then make sure that that card goes into that guest's invite. This is waay ahead of us July brides, but it was such a neat tip that I had to share!

And I just have to AW pics of her invite suite, because she did such a d*mn good job! She addressed them by hand using calligraphy stencils (I'm showing the invite for me and FI, which doesn't have an address since she's just handing it to me!) and she might do the same for my invites, although in a different font :)

The only thing I couldn't show in the interest of protecting her (she approved this picture, though!) is the stamps she bought to do return addresses: a beautiful circular one with their married initial in the center and their address around it, which she used for the return address on the outer envelopes, and then a rectangular one for the return address on the RSVP envelopes (which I was in charge of!). I think the total for both was $60, but they plan on using them after the wedding and they are just so pretty!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Thoughts on Invites (PIP)

• They look nice.  I don't think hand cancelling is supposed to cost more, but not every post office is willing to do it and some that do still throw them in the machine, unfortunately.

Postage is definitely something to consider when designing your invites.  A pocketfold with multiple insert cards is going to cost more to send than a basic postcard style invite.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • The numbering RSVPs is something I would advice strongly. On my other board many ladies have not done this and its a headache. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards