New York

Grandma Update

First, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks.  It's amazing how kind people that you've never really even met can be.  The CNY Knotties are awesome!

I wanted to let you all know that my grandmother did pass away on Friday.  Her calling hours will be this Wednesday and I am really torn on whether I will be able to make it or not (Harrisburg).  My wedding is this Saturday and I have a ton of appointments and things to do scheduled for Wednesday.  I am planning to call around this morning to see what can be changed and figure out what I can skip.  I'm hoping I can work it out so that I can go.

I will be carrying either a rosary or necklace of hers, wrapped around my bouquet, on my wedding day.... and I know she'll be looking down on me  Innocent... dancing around up there somewhere... so bittersweet.

Again, thank you all for your positive energy and prayers. 
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Grandma Update

• edited December 2011
    Oh Monica, I'm so sorry to hear that.  As I said before, I think you have a wonderful outlook on the situation.  I remember how hard it was to be happy at my graduation when my grandma had passed away just a few days earlier but I think your attitude will help you stay positive and not let it get you down on your special day!  My thoughts are with you and your family. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. At least you got to say goodbye, and I'm sure she would understand if you can't make it on Wednesday. She knows you love her and incorporating her into your wedding bouquet is just as thoughtful as sitting at a memorial service would be.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for your loss Monica.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!!!  You have all been so sweet and supportive. 

Thank you!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's very special that you are honoring her on your wedding day in your bouquet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im really sorry to hear about your grandma! I totally understand being torn on attending. I know just how crazy the last few days can be.

Either way you know she'll be looking down on you!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry about your loss... and hopefully you'll be able to move things around and make it. The way I think about it is that if she were here on earth she would have no chance of enjoying your special day, and now in Heaven she'll be able to see it all, be with you every moment, and bless it with love and joy!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Emie-- that was really beautiful and exactly what I was thinking.  She wouldn't have been able to make it here if she were alive... and if, by some chance she actually did make it, she darn sure wouldn't be able to party it up and dance like she wanted to.  Now... she'll get to see everything (and remember it... lol.... alzheimers)... and share a dance or two.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Monica, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Those are very thoughtful ideas for honoring her at your wedding, and I'm sure it will be comforting to have something of hers with you that day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry about your grandmother.  I hope that you are able to work it out to make it tomorrow, but if not, I'm sure she (and the rest of your family) will understand.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards