Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Venue suggestions please

Does anyone have any suggestions for wedding venues in the area?

We're looking for something classic and traditional, perhaps castle-like at around $100/person.
Bio!
Updated 8/9!

Re: Venue suggestions please

• edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the Drexelbrook. Their all inclusive package is around $100/pp. Maybe you'll like it too. Good luck!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

I think Merion Tribute House is sort of castle like. Not sure their pricing though. Also, maybe Villanova Conference Center which I think is also called Montrose Mansion, or something like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    OP keep in mind that many of these type of venues will charge a rental fee and the pp fee they list will not include tax and grat.  Just so you know.  I looked at a few places which I thought were in the budget, but when I added all these items in ended up being way expensive.  
    Just be on the lookout.  

• colleenm18colleenm18 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_venue-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a006cd1-dfd8-4f1c-9406-41ebf0ca6b62Post:1b883c00-c022-4356-8d8a-310af2f082b6">Re: Venue suggestions please</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP<strong> keep in mind that many of these type of venues will charge a rental fee and the pp fee they list will not include tax and grat. </strong> Just so you know.  I looked at a few places which I thought were in the budget, but when I added all these items in ended up being way expensive.   Just be on the lookout.   Try  <a href="http://www.partyspace.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.partyspace.com/</a>
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  If you are trying to stay at $100 per person you still have a ton of options but I would stick to country clubs or maybe hotels.  Blue Bell Country Club, Normandy Farms, Concordville Inn, Paxon Hollow Country Club.  All of these have options that put you close to your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with NCV.  Watch out for hidden costs/fees.  There were a bunch of venues that I looked at, and when I had my dad look over the contracts (back in the 80s, he catered weddings, so I took him to every appointment because he knew what questions to ask, what to look out for, etc) he said to stay away because of hidden costs.

Anywhere you go... ask about what other fees there are.  Ask what's included in the price.  Make sure that when you start making payments, you don't have an extra few hundred, or in come cases few thousand dollars that you didn't account for.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls. We can actually afford $130-150/person total, so I'm leaving wiggle room for taxes and hidden fees. That's why I aim for about 100/person
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • edited December 2011
    Columbia Station has excellent prices especially if you book Friday or Sunday but is within your budget even on Saturday.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at drexelbrook and the price that is quoted in all inclusive taxes and gratuities
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what the pricing is like, but if you want castle-like, check out the Mercer Musem/ Fontill Castle.  

Also, Arcadia University has a castle on their grounds, but you have to have the wedding not during the school year:

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • mrsdipietromrsdipietro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talamore Country Club in Ambler Pa is absolutely gorgeous and even below your price range. They are so classy and the food is out of this world. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards