Flowers

in season???

What flowers would be in season for an April 2 wedding?  I really want Star of Bethlehem, Lily of the Valley, and dendrobium orchids but I have no idea when they are in bloom or if I could get them anyway and just pay more.  Any ideas?
Married my best friend 4-2-11 Mom to an amazing son 9-1-99 Expecting a new blessing 11-19-12 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: in season???

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seasonality of some flowers depends on your location.  A local florist will know.  Also, there are resources on the web that may help.
  • edited December 2011
    Star of bethlemen and dendrobiums no problem... they are always in season... Lily of the valley is massively expensive unless it is growing in your area at that time... ( which it probably is not. 

The bargain flower in april is the tulip....
  • edited December 2011
    Dendrobium orchids should be no problem year round. Star of Bethleham blooms in late spring, so that shouldn't be a problem either. The liliy of the valley may be an issue. It blooms in spring, but is very delicate and doesn't like to be out of water for very long. You should be able to get it, but many florists don't like using it because it is so delicate.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with your local florist.  They know what is available what time of year, plus they can give you suggestions to mix/match flowers if you want for your bouquets.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Another thought for down south... MAYBE local lilac?  How great would that be?  Ask a gardener or farmers market type... or a well connected floral designer... 

in the northeast we get them in mid may so might happen?  

• edited December 2011
    go to blissweddings.com and they have a feature that tells you what is in season when in your area.  Can be really helpful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards