Honeymoon Discussions

Coasta Rica Hm

Alrighty...we finally pickedd a country to go to lol.. Now we need help with an all-inclusive. Any suggestions or stories???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Coasta Rica Hm

• I visited Costa Rica last February with my friend but we did not stay at an all-inclusive. We spent four days in Nosara (blog entry here) and three days in La Fortuna/Arenal (blog entry here).

I too would not recommend staying at an all-inclusive in Costa Rica.
  • If you are set on the idea of an All Inclusive try the Guanacaste / Papaguayo area. It is still moderately close to all the volcanoes and adventure stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with everything! Don't stay at an all inclusive. Costa Rica is such a beautiful country to explore and I recommend seeing as much as you can. You don't even need to worry about driving - most hotels can arrange transfers for you and take the hassle out of getting around. Also check out Nature Air, the national airline which flies out of San Jose and can get you to some of the more exotic places in the country.

• We stayed at the Riu Guanacaste and we loved it! We still did daytrips and saw lots, but we had the comfort and convenience of an AI. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • We are going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon as well.  We are going to first go to the Arenal area for some adventure (volanco tour, zipling, etc.) and then head to Guanacaste for some beach/relaxation time.
  • Hey, just saw this deal on livingsocial-  http://www.livingsocial.com/adventures/359324-5-day-costa-rica-tour?msdc_id=549-queens

I would consider it if we had the extra money (and if FI would ever get a passport, lol!) Seems like a pretty good deal, though.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm thinking of Costa Rica too, but I don't love the beaches there. Any tips on finding something close to a caribbean-esque white sand beach on Costa Rica?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards