Rhode Island

RI engagement party locations

Hellooo! My Grandmother and my Aunt are throwing an engagement party for my FI and I, however they are keeping me completely involved (which i love!) is that unordinary and/or selfish to help plan my own party?? Also,  I was just wondrering if anyone had any ideas for an inexpensive location for an engagement party. Just trying to keep it simple and informal. We were originally going to throw the party at my grandmothers house, we just werent sure if the space would be an issue. It'll probaby be in June so an outdoor venue is acceptable as well! Thanks in advance!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: RI engagement party locations

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you thinking?
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also are you wanting a restaurant-type place that will provide food or an empty space to rent where you will bring your own food, decor, etc.?
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    well after much thought and debate between halls, and restaurants, my grandmother suggested we have a family cookout at Goddard park. Which is absolutely PERFECT because my FI and i are not in the slightest bit the fancy restaurant type. and since between both of our fams, not even including friends, there is about 100 people, this will be a great place for everyone to fit comfortably, just relax and have a good time. I called today and reserved a field, and we will put up an event tent, for a fun, casual afternoon in the park. :) 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And then afterwards you can hit up the Parkside Grill (which you pass on the way to the park) for an afterhours! They are super friendly there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards