Favors

Favor help!

In your opinion, what is the "most wanted" wedding favor people will actually take home?

Re: Favor help!

• Gourmet chocolate (think Godiva or handmade from your local candy shop).

The best favor I've ever had was a chocolate/fudge covered Oreo. The bride and groom had them made at the candy shop in their hometown. Delicious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-help-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:70ede2d5-0eca-4d81-8520-46d5e29226b7Post:5736f107-1d59-4bd4-aa99-0946b20b2953">Re: Favor help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gourmet chocolate (think Godiva or handmade from your local candy shop). The best favor I've ever had was a chocolate/fudge covered Oreo. The bride and groom had them made at the candy shop in their hometown. Delicious.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto and ditto.  I loved the choc covered oreos so much at a friend's wedding that I bought a bunch from her sister (who made them) to bring to dh's family for Christmas this year.  </div>
  • Most anything edible.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree. most edible favors go over well - especially if its something special or unique to your town (sponge candy is huge in my area).  I made wine charms for my wedding, and while they were creative and fun for most of my wine-loving family --- they're not for everyone.
  • If youre looking for cute "welcome gifts" for your guests or party favors , check out www.goodiesforguests.com , they have really cute stuff and great ideas for favors
  • OP -- something edible (or drinkable) would be my vote.  I've enjoyed some other favors, but consumibles are safest.  Chocolate is always appropriate; I personally really like hot drinks (tea, coffee, cider, hot chocolate) so I'd love any of those.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-help-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:70ede2d5-0eca-4d81-8520-46d5e29226b7Post:27527ea6-332f-4687-88e1-4f201400110a">Re: Favor help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If youre looking for cute "welcome gifts" for your guests or party favors , check out <a href="http://www.goodiesforguests.com" rel="nofollow">www.goodiesforguests.com</a> , they have really cute stuff and great ideas for favors
    Posted by Lynne Prywitch[/QUOTE]

All of your posts across at least 3 different boards are virtually identical to this one.  If you are a vendor, please read the Knot's Terms of Service (that you agreed to when creating your account) -- spamming the discussion boards is not allowed.
  • i always love to take a small frame of the couple, definantly something that has your names and the date of the wedding. if its eattable id eat it and then theres no favor. lol
  • edited February 2013
    I love the idea of Chocolate covered oreos! That sounds amazing! I also really like the idea of customized cigars because they make for a night to remember. I like the ability to monogram them, i found that www.customtobacco.com provides a great service!
  • My sister did Chapstick with their names on them, among other things I still have mine and think of her everytime I use it. I don't agree with not putting your names on items. It's a favor to remember the event. I also keep the all the paper, menus, name tags, invitations, etc and put them all in a scrap book. Maybe I'm a little too sentimental
  • I am doing his and her favors: His favorite would be coke bottle with mini whisky and mine would be a small box of doughnuts!
  • Something to help them party longer without getting a hangover!! I had an anti-hangover drink mix at my wedding in November (put them in the hotel bags and also on the bar in the reception) - and people LOVED it! There's a product called PurpleRainEnergy, it's an all-natural drink mix that you take before you start drinking and it helps your body prevent a hangover. Plus if you email them and say it's your wedding, they will give you a bulk discount. www.PurpleRainEnergy.com. Good luck with the rest of your planning! Amanda
  • Stop advertizing and go away, Amanda.

• I would definately go with something that is edible or something that's practical that everyone can use. I don't mind personalized items, but it's always an iffy kind of thing. I think it's better to go with an edible item, you can always personalize those, because your guests will be eating those, and it won't be sitting around for long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards