Texas-Houston
Options

Most Expensive Venues

This may be an odd question but here goes:

Can Knotties tell me what the most expensive wedding venues (top 5 or 6) are here in Houston?

Re: Most Expensive Venues

• Options
    I probably would say the Petroleum Club would be one of them
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • Options
    Actually, Petroleum Club is REALLY affordable. 

The Bell Tower on 34th is expensive, as is St James, Hilton of the Americas, and The Magnolia. 

How come?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    The Bell Tower was the most expensive one I have been to
    ~6-1-2013~
  • Options
    I would say when I was looking at venues the most expensive I found were:
    La Colombe d'Or, The St. Regis, Houstonian and Bell Tower.

I can only comment on these due to what packages/rooms/food etc I was interested in.
  • Options
    St Regis, and The Corinthian, RIver Oaks CC or The Houstonian might be up there too, and possibly Hotel ZaZa
  • Options
    Crystal Ballroom or Hotel Zaza. Minimum of 20-30K for the Ballroom at Hotel Zaza. I'm getting married there next year. (Not in the ballroom though).

Petroleum Club is quite affordable.
  • Options
    I thought Lindsay Lakes was a bit expensive as well!
  • Options
    The Houstonian, Hotel ZaZa, The Corinthian and Bell Tower for sure. We looked at all of these before deciding on the Petroleum Club which was considerably more affordable than the others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chateau Cocomar for sure, Bell Tower (especially if you have a decent sized wedding on a Saturday), The Corinthian
  • Options
    tlrogers7tlrogers7 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm getting married at the Bell Tower in December, but on a Saturday at 11:30am.
    I'm doing a brunch menu w/brunch open bar.  All food and drinks are Half Price at this time.  I'm paying $36 a person for Brunch, and $12 a person for open bar...including (brunch drinks, all liquors, beer, wine & champagn).  I thought that was really decent price.  My wedding is only 100 people.  If you do it in their Foundry Room, there's $0.00 rent fee for Ceremony & Reception....just need to spend minimum $4500 on food/drinks.  We are doing it in the Chandelier Room & Balcony, so renting those 2 areas total $2300.  I'm still getting away with food/drink and facility for under $9K.  They charge half price for kids under 12, and $5.00 drinks for minors. 

Anyway, there are cheap options at this BEAUTIFUL facility!!

River Oaks Country club is expensive
  • Options
    Lindsay Lake - $25K for a Sat is their Min Price - they do run specials though that can bring it down to 18K

Chateau Polonez - would be another in that same price range
  • Options
    Bell Tower is expensive for sure if you're wanting a saturday night and the Four Seasons. Chateau Cocomar is pretty pricey as well. 

I would disagree on St. James. In fact they, were considerably less than all the places I looked at. It wasn't cheap, but definitely affordable and not the most expensive.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I've just finished the venue search! The rankings I had, and trust me, we pulled them apart in comparison, would be: The Corinthian, River Oaks, prob Zaza, then the Houstonian. Further down on that would be the Bell Tower, cocomar, etc... This is all so overwhelming! Good luck!
  • Options
    The Corinthian is $10k just as a rental fee.
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Marriott on the Woodlands Waterway and I thought it was expensive but this makes me feel better haha.

Mine is a 15k minimum - $100 per person but that includes food, open bar, cake, table decorations, and flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards