Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Programs or Not?

Hey y'all,

I'm looking for a little advice.

I'm wondering if any of you have done ceremonies without programs?  I had sort of just assumed we would do them, but have other things I'd really rather allocate that money to.  

We're on a very tight budget, so every $100 we spend on one thing is money taken from something else.  

I was wondering what people thought?

Thanks all!

Re: Programs or Not?

• I don't think programs are necessary at all. We are not having them and I think that is one thing you can skip, save money, and people won't notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it is a simple ceremony or pretty much traditional then you really don't need them. I don't think they are a need.

• I'd say unless you have a particularly complicated ceremony or a ceremony where your guests are somehow expected to particpate (either through song or multiple responses and the like,)  you can feel free to skip them. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm pretty sure we are skipping them.  We are short on time at this point and already over-budget.  they are not that important to us. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You definitely don't have to have them. Buy if you want to, I bought mine at Staples and printed them at home. The cardstock was about 15 for 150 programs, and I ended up getting a black ink cartridge as well since mine was already low. My venue coordinator said they looked fantastic.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • I hadn't really planned on doing them...mostly because I hadn't really considered it. Ours will be a basic ceremony - no readings from friends or family or anything and we're in a nondenominational chapel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Thanks all.  I really appreciate it.  We may forego them.  We have done a lot of trimming, but are still overbudget (and way over what we initially thought we would spend), and I'm just not sold they are worth it.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards