Getting in Shape
Options

Classes?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of gyms that offer classes open to the public? I am not looking to join a gym, because I have a pretty nice facility at my apartment complex- which I hardly ever use, but am going to start I swear! -but they offer some nice classes I'd like to try. Does anyone know of any majoy gyms that allow you to pay per class taken?

If not, could you recommended something I could search for? I figured google would be able to tell me some in my area, but I honestly couldn't think of anything to type into the search engine. Embarassed 

T.I.A for anything you could offer :]]

Girls is stripper heels, boys rolling in Maseratis,
all they need in this world is some love.

Re: Classes?

• Options
    I would recommend checking out your local boards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    YMCA. I have friend that love their zumba classes. i think it's about 8 bucks a class w/o membership
  • Options
    arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    If you have a university near you, check there!  The college near my house offers classes for only $3 per class, and they have zumba, spinning, boot camp, etc.  It's open to anyone, you don't have to be a student.  Plus if you buy a punch card for 20 classes at a time, it's only $2 per class!

Or if you have a community center.  My sister's town has one, and she takes classes there.  It's like $20 for a month pass with unlimited classes.
  • Options
    I would look around at some local gyms.  I know you said you didn't want to join a gym, but my gym has a ton of amazing classes.  The membership is only $25 a month with no commitment.  I would spend WAY more if I was paying by the class.

I don't know of any in your area.  My gym is privately owned (not a chain).  You might end up paying less by joining a gym over paying for each class.  It depends how often you plan to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think most fitness centers will let you, or else look for a specific type of gym, like a pilates or yoga studio. HTH
  • Options

Sarah- same here! I'm in her state so there MAY be a gym similar in her area, but my gym is called "Urban Fitness" and it runs my FI and I 50 bucks a month for BOTH (25 each in other words) and we LOVE the gym... The problem with taking classes at a gym that you don't believe to, is that you have no commitment to that gym, so you don't have the motivation to go all the time.

BUT colleges are great places to check out (like arf said). All CC's  in this state have classes you can take for cheaper,  as well as random classes you can sign up for.

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    YMCA has classes, but so do many other gyms. Locally, for us, there are 3 gym chains that are locally owned nearby that offer group fitness classes as a part of the membership. They are cheaper than the Y, closer, and have the same classes. I would suggest doing a google maps search near your home and go to those gym's websites and see if they offer group fitness classes.

Our membership is $30 a month and I do 4-5 classes a week. Much cheaper than if I paid by the class. There are other gyms nearby that do $10 per class OR MORE. A monthly membership may be your best option.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Lucky you.

• Options
    abrieck, where in Seattle are you (PM me if you'd rather)? Based on that I can point you in a general direction.
  • Options
    Here in Orange County we have "communtiy centers" in each city that offer fitness classes. You can sign up for just a specific class and it's really affordable.

Check at your local city or surrounding city... you should be able to go online and check it out.

Here's the link to the one for Seattle: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/

I didn't look through it much but you should check it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards