Massachusetts

Renting a house for a wedding and reception?

Hi!

My fiance and I have been talking about where we are going to have our Sept 2012 wedding and our favorite idea so far is renting a big house for a week, and having the wedding there.

I've seen some postings on VBRO where the owners list that they have had people have weddings there, and this is sounding ideal to us.

Has anyone done this in the area?  If so, any suggestions?

We think there will be 75-100 guests, so not a huge wedding, but we love the idea that we can put our immediate family up in the house and have the rehearsal dinner/bbq at the same location. I'd appreciate any recommendations for houses, as well as any overall suggestions!!
BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Renting a house for a wedding and reception?

• edited December 2011
    I guess the only issue with that many people could be with the bathrooms. How many are there in the house and can the septic system take care of 100 people?
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you would definitely need to rent a fancy port-a-potty setup for a party of that size to not overwhelm the plumbing...
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - Did you find a house to rent for your wedding? My fiancee and I have the exact same idea for a summer 2010 wedding.  I've called a few real estate agents on the North Shore of MA and they have all said that people renting their homes dont typically allow weddings.  Please let me know if you have come across any homes.  Thanks and good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Hi - Has anyone had any luck renting a house for a Northshore, MA wedding. We will be having 75 - 100 people and want a low key backyard, bbq type wedding.  Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards