Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Acrylic tips

I have brittle nails that don't grow very long at all so I want to get them done for the wedding.  I was thinking that I want acrylic nails because I have heard that they are easier to remove and since I don't want these long-term (probably just for the wedding and honeymooon since we're leaving right away), I figured that was the best way to go.  I called a girl who was recommended to me by a friend and she told me she really only does gel nails because acrylics aren't as popular and they are pretty smelly. She offered to do acrylic tips instead.

Does anyone know anything about acrylic tips? Are they durable enough that they'll stay on for a week or two? I work in an office and can't type very well with long nails so I won't be getting them very long (I have to work the two days before my wedding and my appointment for my nails is 3 days before).

Any thoughts?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Acrylic tips

• Options
    If your nails are already brittle then I wouldn't recommend placing acrylic on top. I did shellac and really enjoyed that. My nails weren't long but it was easy to work with.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had acrylic nails for years and only really stopped getting them for money reasons.
     I could easily get them to last for 2.5 weeks in between fills.
    With that being said,  I am hoping to not need acrylic nails for my wedding this month for one mail reason = Damage. Basically when you get acryclics they have to buff down your nail bed to ensure it is smooth and then the acyrlic will bond to your nail bed better. When you take them off my nails were always crap for 2 months afterwards and were incredibly weak.

Here is a posting i did a few months back about a product I use on my nails.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_psa-nail-strenghtning-treatment

It has helped tremendously and if I can get through the next few weeks without cracking a nail then I will just get a shellac manicure. I use it now twice a day adn my nails are getting stronger every day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PRESS ON NAILS!!!! I used to get acrylics nails for years but its horrible for your nails and expensive. i bought some KISS nails from CVS and ued them and havent gotten my nails done since. they are like $6, look even more natural than the acrylics and last about a week. I never break a nail. when you take them off, your nails will be in good condition. People compliment my nails all the time and cant believe they are press ons. they take literally 5 mins to put on, and they have a custom fit brand so youll definitly find some to fit. you can wear them for about a week before they start lifting, and they will definitly last u thru the night. They sell them in french manicure and a few of them have nail art. i just bought nailene brand nails that have no design on them so i can paint them, they are just as good if not better than the KISS brand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards