New York-New York City
Options

BIG VENUE OOPS!

Has anyone had a problem where you signed your contract ... 5 months ago, your wedding is in less than 5 months and then you get a call from your (very renound) venue telling you... oops, you can't have your wedding in the space you reserved because we are doing renovations! Seriously? Isn't that what contracts are for? They want to move the rooms, but the other rooms are too big for our wedding party of 200.

Going to talk to them in person tomorrow, but its a summer wedding, we had enough of an issue trying to find our date back in August when we started looking. It took us until October to get the perfect place and now they "oops" us! Seriously, what is wrong with these places!!!!!!!!!!

Re: BIG VENUE OOPS!

• Options
    OH my goodness! which venue was it?
  • Options
    I'll post the name after my conversation with them today. I don't want to bad mouth my venue unless they are unreasonable in today's negotiations... hopefully they do the right thing and honor my contract IN the rooms that we reserved.
  • Options
    yeah so pretty much big waste of our time, no answers... just excuses.... The Waldorf Astoria.
  • Options
    Sounds like the management isn't talking to their planners. That sucks. So sorry you're having that problem. The other rooms wouldn't work for you?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The other rooms are either too big or too small or too oddly shaped. We're trying to figure it out, but talk about unneeded stress & headache.
  • Options
    WOW! that's unheard of!  There are a ton of great venues in NY so I would consider taking your wedding elsewhere if they don't give you a serious price break

Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear. I hope everything turns around for the better!!!
    Jenefer & David Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Girls! Right now I am in the process of trying to move my wedding to another venue. If the contract price is right I'm out of there. The most amazing thing is they didn't offer a price break... they offered to HELP cover SOME of the expenses to move it to another room and to upgrade some of the food... funny part... I have an outside caterer, so I dont know how that would work. Its a migraine every time I think about it.
  • Options
    Ugh I am SO sorry.  Maybe it was an unavoidable problem, like something the city is making them do.  I have to beleive that no one can be that inconsiderate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards