Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for Suggestions for Venue in/near Philadelphia for October 2013

Hi!

I recently got engaged and am planning a wedding for October 5 2013 (our 10 year anniversary!).  I'm in Boston but my fiance and I are from the Philly area (Main Line and Lancaster) so we're looking for places in PA for a wedding of between 60 and 80 people.  We haven't lived there for a while, so we feel a bit stuck.  We're also generally pretty low key and don't want a very frou-frou space - a simple garden or restaurant would be great - and we're on a budget.  I'd love any suggestions.  We're thinking about: 

- A restaurant with great food that could also host a ceremony.  There wouldn't need to be room for dancing.  Thinking about the Glass Patio at Osteria, but I haven't been there yet.

or

- A park/outdoor space that would look beautiful in the fall.  

or

- A combo venue - someone has suggested Colonial Dames and the Tyler Arboretum.  

Suggestions are welcome!

Emily 

Re: Looking for Suggestions for Venue in/near Philadelphia for October 2013

• I am getting married at Colonial Dames - it's a great venue.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • eshesh member
    First Comment
    Morris Arboretum

D'Ignazio's Towne House Restaurant. Some of the rooms look dated on the website but didn't look so bad in person

A friend of Mine was married at Kings Mills. They had outdoor and indoor offerings.
  • Bolingbroke, an old mansion in Radnor on the Main Line, would be perfect for your size wedding. It has beaiutiful outside gardens for photos and a really nice area for ceremonies.  There are pictures on their website. Plus you can bring in your own caterer there and have the wedding set up however you like. Other places on the Main Line that have weddings would be the Baldwin School and Wyndham House at Bryn Mawr College. I've been to a wedding at each of them and they're both very unique. 
  • I'm getting married at the Morris Arboretum. My guest list is @80-85.
    imageAnniversary
  • John Audubon Nature Center near Norristown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards