Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Which key of the keys is the best for beaches?

My FI and I are looking at the Florida Keys for our honeymoon. I heard that the beaches aren't that great though and was looking at possibly staying at Ismoralda island. Any suggestions on where to stay where the beaches are nice and sunny in that area?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Which key of the keys is the best for beaches?

• Options
    If you really want beaches, I wouldn't go to the Keys. I've been up and dawn and the best beaches are pretty small.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Options
    http://www.cheeca.com/

I haven't stayed there, but stumbled upon it while researching Key West honeymoon places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want a nice beach the best one I saw in the Keys is at Bahia Honda State Park which is about halfway between Marathon and Key West.  The good news is, if you have a car it's very easy to roam around the Keys no matter where you are staying.  We stayed at Conch Key Cottages in Marathon which does have a small bit of natural sandy beach with three cottages on it -- highly recommended!  And I think it was only about half an hour or 45 minutes to the state park.  I've heard good things about Islamorada as well and considered staying at The Moorings in that area but chose Conch Key because it seemed to be a better value.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards