Ohio-Columbus

Reviews from 11/10/12 wedding

Alfred Angelo (Bridal Gown): A

This was the part of the wedding I did not want to do at all. But I went to Alfred Angelo and found the dress only after 5 tries. I liked Lauren, my consultant; she made me feel comfortable and did not put me in any dresses that were not my size. She had a little different attitude to my bridesmaids though; she forced one of them to try on dresses and got in an argument with another one regarding her size. When I went back to try the dress on when I picked it up they did an amazing job, the consultant helped me get in and out of my dress multiple times to try on different crinoline. 

Pearl’s Place: A

We order our Alfred Angelo bridesmaids gowns from Pearls Place. It was an easy process, call for prices and then you can order and pay one shipping costs. My bridesmaids saved about 60 dollars getting through there! The dresses came about 4 months later and were Alfred Angelo originals. Definitely would recommend this to everyone!!! 

Haley Hanawalt (Make up): A+
I had 2 trails with Haley and they were amazing but my wedding day make up was perfect! We had 9 people get their make up done and she did it super fast and everyone looked great! The moms had on just enough make up to accent and the flower girl looked perfect. Haley has amazing prices and she did a perfect job! 

X-Treme limo: A
X-treme limo was amazing. We booked them a week before our wedding because our other transportation company backed out! They did great, the driver was amazing and the limo was clean and looked amazing we got the 18 passenger limo and it we had 14 people in there and I think we could have got a few more but not 4 more! They did amazing. 

Bexley beat: F
We booked bexley beat months ago and then about a month before the wedding we tried to get a hold of them and they would not return our phone calls or emails. We got a little nervous so we went ahead and booked someone else and called and left a message saying we canceled. On our wedding they showed up at our hotel and we had to call and cancel it again! I would not recommend them to anyone, lack of communication is stressful and unprofessional.

Linda Hammond (gown alterations): A+
Linda did an amazing job on my wedding dress, it looked amazing and she made the bustle idiot proof. Her prices are amazing as well as her work! 

American Commadore: A-
The boys looked great but the only issue we had with it was communication was hard. I feel like every time we went there their computers were down, but they fixed everything and allow you to pick tuxes up on Wednesday and can do alterations in time if need be! Nothing beats 40 dollar tuxes!!

Spaghetti Warehouse (rehearsal dinner): B+
Our rehearsal dinner was great, the only downside was there was 1 server for 30 people, so we felt bad for the guy! The food options were amazing and everyone enjoyed the private room. 

Buckeye Entertainment: A+
Byron and his team were amazing, there was only one part that the dance floor was not packed and I pulled people out and got everyone dancing! He kept us in the loop and helped make the event run smooth as butter! The photobooth was AMAZING everyone had a blast and he was the cheapest by far! And I loved getting the cd at the end of individual pictures. 

Anita Kline: A+

Her cake is AMAZING! OMG it is the best cake I have ever had, we had cake left over because we forgot to have it announced that the cake was out (the entire bridal party did not get cake…oops) So we have some left over and it was the cake that I did not even want. But it is amazing! She is the best price in town and the nicest person! I definitely cannot wait for our special cake in a year! Lol!

Nicole’s Café: A+

They did an AMAZING job! I was very very very concerned with them after they did not show up to our tasting. But they made up with it the day of the wedding, Debbie and her team were amazing! The food was great (and is still great, we got to take home the extras) they sent us home with a tray full of food (which we ate for breakfast) and they made the day truly special! Their prices were amazing! The staff was so much fun and they were dancing with my family and having a good time themselves!

The Big Room: B

Meh… this review is very hard for me. I had lots of hope in the big room, I loved it when we originally looked at it and Wendy, the event director, there was amazing. The place is amazing and looks beautiful and went well with what we were looking for. We were told that the place could hold 200 people comfortably and then a few months after we booked she told us that it can hold like 120. I freaked out and then we had a plan that we could get like 150 and it would be tight but would work. I did not have a big issue with them until the day before when we were setting up and she was extremely rude to me, did not listen to me and was setting things up where I did not want it. So I had family go the day of and fix it. During the event we could never find her, she had the station’s music going through the speakers and we could not find her to shut it off. Then she shut the event down an hour early! Everything we had talked about was 4-10pm and she told the dj that there was nothing that was on her paperwork that said that. So we overpaid everyone based off that time. So I was a little frustrated! The location was still amazing and she was very accommodating and i still would reccommend just make sure you have everything squared away in writing! 

Re: Reviews from 11/10/12 wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards