New York-New York City

Any reviews about the Coral House in Baldwin, NY?

Hi and congrats to all the brides!

I recently did a tour of The Coral House and it really exceeded my expectations after reading all the bad reviews.  The food was not amazing, but it was really decent. and for the price they ask, we get a whole lot we dont get in other places.  I'm really afraid of the bad reviews about the neighborhood, the service, etc...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Any reviews about the Coral House in Baldwin, NY?

• edited December 2011
    this would be a bad choice. i was at a wedding there and there were cockroaches crawling on the bar...
  • edited December 2011
    i went there for my cousins wedding, like you said the food wasnt amazing but it wasnt bad either. the place is very pretty and the people were nice. the only downfall i saw with it was at the time there was another wedding going on and i didnt feel it was very orginzed, alot of people were trying to come into my cousins wedding and they even had a few wedding crashers all together.
     also my cousin missed her whole cocktail hour cause she had to wait to take pictures cause the other wedding was already at the only photo spot.

i didnt want to judge it after only one time being there, cause i still heard alot of very good reviews but after hunting for halls myself we found places that had just as good of a price and offered just as much stuff. 
    if you arent in love with it, i would suggest keep looking.

Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much! that helps a lot... what other similar venues do you recommend? i loved the lake and the ballroom with floor to ceiling windows and the offer's too good to pass, but an evening ceremony cannot start until 7pm if there's an afternoon wedding, so that's something to consider too....
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Swan Club?  A co-worker of mine was married there a few years ago and I know she got a really good deal and it has a little lake for photos.  
    Also, I think Crest Hollow might too??  Could be wrong about that though.  A friend of my DH's was married there but it was maybe 6 years ago, so I just don't remember it that well.
  • edited December 2011

i would also suggest swan club if you want the lake veiw and outside effect, we also looked at and loved chateau la mer, but other halls that we saw were  westbury manor, woodbury country club and venetian yacht club. in the long run we booked crest hollow.

good luck!

Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to two weddings at the Coral House and they were both nice.  There was a lot of food and it was pretty good.  I think the last wedding I had a mango glazed salmon that I liked a lot.  Don't be discouraged by bd reviews, if its what you want then go for it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! :)

Irish eyez, im also looking at crest hollow even though it's further from my house...but they refused to give any pricing over the phone which means i have to drive over an hour there just to even find out if it's in my budget...could you also share some insights as to why you booked it, pricing, and what your experience has been there so far?

tychandler, you're right, i also tried the salmon at coral and thought it was pretty good although it was a bit dry...but i guess food in big quantities tend not to be perfect
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, swan club, chateau le mer, woodbury cc, and all the other ones you guys mentioned are great suggestions, but are booked already :(
  • vivbarvivbar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you dont mind me asking, how was the venetian yacht club?
  • IditMIditM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at the Coral House for a friend's wedding.  I thought the food was great!  (Not the usual heavy pre-cooked stuff you get at other places.)  The rooms were clean, and the staff was nice and attentive.

I heard that there are new owners.  I'll be considering the Coral House for my own wedding.

Hope that helps!
  • Any idea on how much they require for a down payment to hold a room for a wedding?
  • My newylywed husband and I had our wedding at the Coral House last month and I could not be happier with the our decision in doing so.  I have nothing bad to say about our special day.  The food was amazing and the staff was incredibly helpful.
    Our guests and bridal party were extremely pleased with how they were treated and I am still so impressed with how me and my husband were treated leading up to the big day.  The staff did everything they could and more to make sure our day was one to always remember, not only for us but also for our guests.
    Their staff made us feel like family to them and it was more then the typical vendor/ customer relationship.  Our day was made more special thanks to the care that we were given and we could not be happier.

I highly recommend the Coral House for not only a wedding, but any showers or upcoming parties.  The food is amazing, they have such a variety of cool drinks to pick from for guests and everyone is treated like a special guest of honor.  We thank the Coral House for all they did for us on our day and we look foward to using them again in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards