July 2013 Weddings

NWR: FI is getting his tooth pulled today

I am super anxious right now! I have to go pick him up in about an hour to get his one and only wisdom tooth pulled. From what he was telling me I'm not sure I want to take him!
He says he has no option but to have a light sedative but the video they made him watch said sometimes people die! WHAT!? From getting a tooth removed!?
He also said when they stitch him back up they only put on stitch in and he has to be careful about getting food in the wound. That seems completely safe! I'm going to have to talk with the doctor and let him know that if he kills my FI I may have to punch him a few times.
FI is excited.

Have any of you guys every had wisdom teeth pulled? What was your experiance?

If the doctor doesn't kill FI I will return and update you. I have to take care of him the next couple days. Also, I'm totally going to try and get a video of him when he's high! I just hope he does something hilarious.

July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: NWR: FI is getting his tooth pulled today

• I had several wisdom teeth pulled when I was younger. It's easier if the roots aren't too long. How old is he? He can look forward to gauze in his mouth and ice cream! He should be fine. Just don't let him suck or use a straw!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He's 24. The tooth isn't bothering him at all but he's in the military so it has to come out. He only has one wisdom tooth which makes me incredibly jealous. But he keeps saying these things so casually and I'm like "They said you could DIE!?" O.O

We went out yesterday and bought ice cream and yogurt. He will be having lots of smoothies the next couple days.

I'm mostly concerned about how much pain he'll be in if he doesn't get his drugs in time and how long that pain will last. It's only one tooth but he says they have to, like, sand down his jaw bone (something like that) and that sounds insanely painful!

They'll put dissolvable stiches (or stich) in right? That only seems to make sense. I should make a list of things to ask the doctor.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Time to go pick him up! Ack!
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2012
    I've had it done, so has FI.  We both got all 4 taken out at once.  The pain meds they gave me made me nauseous.  FI was HILARIOUS and completely inappropriate while on his meds ;)

My sister got dry socket, which totally sucks.

Essentially though he'll just want to follow the instructions given by the dental surgeon.  Eat soft foods and he'll have to do a rinse after eating and/or drinking to keep it clean.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Well FI survived. He told the nurses that he wants to be an eyelash model, he told me straws are the devil, and he asked why he had a tampon in his mouth. Other than that he says he feels okay, just a little dizzy. The surgery was super quick but I gues with just the one tooth it wouldn't need to take too long.

I have four wisdom teeth and I dread the day I have to get them pulled.

We are hanging out on the hide-a-bed in the livingroom. He wanted to come home and do some programming...
  • My mom had 4 wisdom teeth removed in her 20s....then when she was maybe, late 30s they found 4 more impacted under the gums!   CRAZY!

From when I had mine taken out in high school, all I can remember is that you def. don't want him to use a straw!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards