New York-Upstate
Options

Lake Placid

We are just engaged and planning our wedding for December 3, 2011 in Lake Placid.  We are quickly learning it is a very expensive place to get married and are having a hard time finding an affordable location.  Does anyone know of any places in Lake Placid, Saranac Lake or Plattsburgh that are beautiful but affordable? 

I would love any help that can be offered! :- )
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012

Re: Lake Placid

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you set on Lake Placid? If you are willing to go south on 87 to the Lake George area, you may be able to find something else. I looked at the Lodge at Echo Lake, The Cooperfield in North Creek, and finally settled on The Inn at Erlowest... which is incredible -- and will give you a decent deal because you're booking in the winter... talk to Michael there, not Haleigh!

I didn't find much in Lake Placid that wasn't attrociously expensive... Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm not quite sure how far we are willing to look but for us, Lake George is too far away from most of our family.  We already live almost 2 hours from Lake Placid, so I think I might just have to look into another area all together.  I just love the way winter looks in Lake Placid because you can always count on snow being there, which isn't the case where I am from.  This is all so frustrating but I'm sure it will get better once we find a place! 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked in Lake Placid too and was blown away by  the expense. I've heard wonderful things about the Lodge at Echo Lake as well. One other suggestion I have is Port O' Pines on Brant Lake. Absolutely beautiful, although they book up fast. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI, I went to College in Plattsburgh and did an intership there in event planning. If you are looking for a wedding Planner contact Sherry at "A Reflection Of You .net". She has a lot of great connections. I know there are a number of place in and around the 'burgh area including the Rainbow Room, The burgandy Room (i think) by Irises adn Valcore if you have any Plattsburgh SUNY connections. I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards