Latino Weddings

Where are all you knotties at?

Hey Ladies

hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving day, since this board has been kinda dead lately I wanted to know if anyone is intersted in a siggy challenge anything to get this board active again?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are all you knotties at?

• jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is really dead here. ): I check back every now and then though.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen,any ideas for a siggy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a favorite Latino food/drink?

Haha. Pastellas (sp??) are good!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:03ac7e7e-3d96-476d-aebc-10d6d5fc0eaaPost:3f53c87f-197c-4815-aa8e-d0a50c80cb40">Re: Where are all you knotties at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe a favorite Latino food/drink? Haha. Pastellas (sp??) are good!!
    Posted by jenandcris[/QUOTE]
    Hi, Jenancris.  I just found this board.  Like you, FI and I are planning to have a private ceremony.  I'd like to get either a knee or tea length dress for the ceremony.  I was thinking of a bridesmaid dress since there aren't too many short bridal gowns on the market.  I still have plenty of time to figure it out.  I love the dress you chose.<div>
    </div><div>It would be hard to choose just one favorite food or drink.  I did have an awesome mojito the other day.  </div>
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Goldie!!

FI and I decided on a private ceremony because I wanted an American-style reception so badly, but my family was really against it. ... and our "auspicious Chinese day" was like in 12/2014. So I'm having a private ceremony at a hotel in Boston with 10 close friends and family members then have a 200+ guest wedding in the northshore of MA the following year. It's kinda tricky... we're doing it on a budget!

And thanks!! (: I didn't think anyone really read my bio (it's too detailed as I have no life!). I love the tea-length dresses you picked out; I also think that it's "more fun" for a quick civil ceremony. And I'd definitely have a civil wedding at the city hall if Boston's City Hall wasn't so FUGLY. NYC's City Hall looks sooo pretty from your bio.

[img]http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/800px-Boston_City_Hall.JPG[/img]
    edited December 2011
    Let's try this again...

• edited December 2011
    That building is not too attractive.  

When my Fi first mentioned City Hall, I was like, "hell no."  Then I happened to come across the bio of a NYC knottie and I was sold.  Her pictures came out amazing and I really thought City Hall looked great.  FI is so excited because it only costs $25.  He is so frugal it's unbelievable.  
    edited December 2011
    We were originally planning a public garden ceremony (the oldest park in the US), but we're gearing towards a civil ceremony aboard a yacht sailing around Boston Harbor. (: WOO HOO for small, intimate weddings!

I saw that you updated your bio. I still loooove the third dress. It looks lacey and CUTE! I hope to see you post more 'round here!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:03ac7e7e-3d96-476d-aebc-10d6d5fc0eaaPost:30e6bb79-eb78-42fd-aeef-0b247b4b871f">Re: Where are all you knotties at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were originally planning a public garden ceremony (the oldest park in the US), but we're gearing towards a civil ceremony aboard a yacht sailing around Boston Harbor. (: WOO HOO for small, intimate weddings! I saw that you updated your bio. I still loooove the third dress. It looks lacey and CUTE! I hope to see you post more 'round here!!
    Posted by jenandcris[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the compliments.  The yacht ceremony sounds cool.  I'll definitely post more here.  Hopefully others will come around too.  I just found out about this board. 
    edited December 2011
    I'm not Hispanic... and FI and his family are NO help. Our wedding is definitely much more Asian than it is Hispanic. Ehh.

I wish this board was more active. But yeah, post here! (: I'm interested in seeing how everyone's weddings turn out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards